Route 946 bridge closed the rest of the ski season!

AtomicSkier

The signs have been posted for awhile now, but they are in fact replacing the bridge, and it will be closed the remainder of the season. Best option is to take 248.

http://www.wfmz.com/traffic/Northampton-Co-Rt-946-Bridge-Replacement-Project-in-Moore-Twp/-/121234/7238130/-/mory7gz/-/index.html

Location of said bridge:

http://www.google.com/maps?q=40.779558,-75.45862&num=1&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=17

Even after looking at the map, I still can't figure out which bridge that is... Can anyone clarify using some landmarks?

are you blind? the arrow is right on it.

here...for the rahtards that want to know what the brige looks like....

http://www.google.com/maps?q=40.779558,-75.45862&ll=40.779611,-75.458401&spn=0.001324,0.002041&num=1&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=40.779595,-75.458536&panoid=YQ2ktT5yoH9-NVFI6mkEMw&cbp=12,224.25,,0,11.83

Going toward danielsville from klecknersville on 946, take first left after moore elementary school, keep turning/bearing right, comes out on 946 on the danielsville side of the closed bridge, 5 minute detour, tried it today. The roads are small back roads but no too bad. Can do the same thing to the right after the school but it takes longer and a little more involved, tried that way today too.

Good ol PennDot changed the closing date yet again, now it's 1/16/12. They must be tight on cash and had to go to the smaller font for the 6, it can barely be read when flying past the sign.

good to know. now i can rip down there bright and early tomorrow before the school zone goes into effect.

Going toward danielsville from klecknersville on 946, take first left after moore elementary school, keep turning/bearing right, comes out on 946 on the danielsville side of the closed bridge, 5 minute detour, tried it today. The roads are small back roads but no too bad. Can do the same thing to the right after the school but it takes longer and a little more involved, tried that way today too.

For shits and giggles today, made the right onto Hoch Rd right before the bridge . Then a left after ~ 1/2m onto some small road that went by a farm then some new housing and another left onto Scenic Dr (?) and back onto Rt946. Odometer reads 1.8 m for the total detour. Probably the way they will set up the detour signs anyway but wanted to do a dry run before Tuesday night.

For shits and giggles today, made the right onto Hoch Rd right before the bridge . Then a left after ~ 1/2m onto some small road that went by a farm then some new housing and another left onto Scenic Dr (?) and back onto Rt946. Odometer reads 1.8 m for the total detour. Probably the way they will set up the detour signs anyway but wanted to do a dry run before Tuesday night.

That's the route that I was going to take if/when PennDot ever does close the bridge.

PennDOT did set up a detour. Just as you pass the Moore Twsp park, at the next stop-sign where the corner-store is, I think they have one make a left there. Looking at the map, I suspect they bring you back to 946 via N. Hokendauqua Rd. I didn't take it, so I don't know for sure. I also took the back-country detour on the way home as well (turn left before the church). I didn't see any detour signs southbound, which is why I'm thinking Hoky Rd.