Friday is no longer a weekday

moe ghoul

Blue informed us last Friday that they redefined Friday, it is no longer a weekday. Everybody get that memo?4 day work week, 3 day weekend??? Maybe next year, they'll redefine a day as 18 hours, and an hour is 45 minutes. End rant. But that is some serious bullshit.

Blue informed us last Friday that they redefined Friday, it is no longer a weekday. Everybody get that memo?4 day work week, 3 day weekend??? Maybe next year, they'll redefine a day as 18 hours, and an hour is 45 minutes. End rant. But that is some serious bullshit.

i missed that. that's really not right. it doesn't really bother me since i get a season pass there anyway. maybe it will be less crowded on a friday morning now...

Dont see how they can change the terms mid season

I don't know when they changed, even if they changed before the season started, it isn't something that got a whole lot of coverage, and when I bought the flex pass, I assumed Friday counts. If there was some change notice, I didn't see it. I have less of a problem with them jerking us for weekend rates on Friday, and more of a problem that they didn't meet us half way for this one occasion.

Why doesn't Blue charge for parking? It's becoming the norm in the ski industry. Almost every other entertainment venue charges for parking. Eagles game, amusement park...they should...I'd buy a parking season pass!!!!

It's their business they can do what they want. They can raise lift ticket prices tomorrow if they want.

If they sell you a monday though friday pass and then say you can't use it on friday they broke a contract they sold you I dont know if that is the case here I was just reading a post I know nothing about

If they sell you a monday though friday pass and then say you can't use it on friday they broke a contract they sold you I dont know if that is the case here I was just reading a post I know nothing about

that's what i was thinking too. i'm sure they have some disclosure somewhere saying that they can basically do what they want. and honestly, i'm surprised they haven't done something like this sooner or other area resorts haven't done it.

In fairness to mbike ski, it was posted, it just didn't compute in my head.

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

Once again our ski club will be offering six visit weekday passes if anyone is interested. 98 bucks gets you a weekday pass valid for six trips anytime Monday through Thursday, except holidays. Can be used anythime after Feb 21, PM me for details

At least in the Rockies it is. In Vermont usually the close parking is pay and far away parking is free. I'm just kind of surprised they don't charge for parking cause they can. People are already dropping $50+ for a lift ticket...what's another $5 or $10 for parking. Maybe people would carpool more.

they're charging for parking out west because skier parking demand is ridiculous for most places. blue doesn't see a fraction of their traffic. if they start charging for parking I hope they go bankrupt.

jf has $10 option for slopeside parking and a lot of people take them up on it. Free parking is available as well which I am thankful for.

I was at JF today and since I got there early I parked a lot closer than most of the people paying $10.00 for slopeside parking. :D

Gore has a similar close-in parking thing. Was there two weeks ago. A very nice bus driver picked us up right at the car in the free lot and dropped us off closer to the lodge than you can park in the pay parking area. At the end of the day he dropped us right at our car.

I don't have a problem with people with more money than brains paying extra money for nothing to help keep lift ticket prices low. . :ballin

yea that was this years change - sorry if it wasnt cear, sucks for sure as we lost alot of skier members who typically go up friday nights. that means theryre opneing at 8 am right since its a weekend day right ....not

i would push on that one. if they're charging weekend rates but not following weekend hours, that's pretty crappy.

yea that was this years change - sorry if it wasnt cear, sucks for sure as we lost alot of skier members who typically go up friday nights. that means theryre opneing at 8 am right since its a weekend day right ....not

It was clear as day, I probably skipped right over it.

Last time i was able to get up there was on a friday..granite i had a pass from a friend.. Id say thats some serious bullshit. I mean ill most likely never ski there again because the conditions were horrible / staff was miserable... Ive never skied straight ice like that in my life. Only took 3 runs and said... well you know..

Afternoon/Evening conditions used to be pretty good when they did twice daily grooming. It was actually worth it to go up in the evening, as you'd get almost opening hour conditions.

Now by mid-day, everything's so plowed off, there's no joy in going up for the evenings anymore, especially if you don't have a season pass.

Afternoon/Evening conditions used to be pretty good when they did twice daily grooming. It was actually worth it to go up in the evening, as you'd get almost opening hour conditions.

Now by mid-day, everything's so plowed off, there's no joy in going up for the evenings anymore, especially if you don't have a season pass.

Typically I am a blue supporter, IMO they have the best terrain in the poconos. But...to charge more and groom less is wrong. They should groom a few trails for the night crowd. I understand it is a business and as such must turn a profit, but they must balance profiting with a quality customer experience. Squeezing too hard in the name of profit will turn customers away. The faint rumblings of an unhappy customer ground swell can already be heard. Word of mouth can be a businesses best friend or it's worst enemy.

• Like 1

Typically I am a blue supporter, IMO they have the best terrain in the poconos. But...to charge more and groom less is wrong. They should groom a few trails for the night crowd. I understand it is a business and as such must turn a profit, but they must balance profiting with a quality customer experience. Squeezing too hard in the name of profit will turn customers away. The faint rumblings of an unhappy customer ground swell can already be heard. Word of mouth can be a businesses best friend or it's worst enemy.

Indeed! Especially nowadays with Facebook and Twitter making it far easier to rapidly dispense opinions on quality, service, etc.