2013/2014 New Equipment Thread

RootDKJ

• 1 month later...

After much searching, I pulled the trigger on the boots I wanted and for a $400 dealio. Bonus was I could use my AMEX points to pay for them. Then I picked up an Arcteryx thin puffy underlayer jacket at Buckman.s. Buy one at full sale price, get one of equal value for a $1. My buddy picked one up and gave me $100 and I paid for mine with the Buckman's card I was trying to sell a few months back. Still got $190 left on it to pick up some odds and ends. Thinking a new helmet and goggles are overdue. Time to shop for deals.

Edited by moe ghoul
  • Like 1

I got a new touring rig and it's pretty fucking sweet. Cochise Pro Lights, Speed Radicals and Manaslus.

As an aside I have an older setup that is free to a good home. They have logged extensive miles across alot of the Daks and Whites, as Han Solo once said they don't look like much but they got it where it counts....they actually don't but they have a free heal which is pretty cool.

They are Fritschi Diamir Titanal 2's - http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Gear/Fritschi-Diamir-Titanal-II

How good are they ? Ehh, they work and are light, they aren't tough and have the instatele problem that all Fristschi's have.

They are easy to mount and adjust but I'm not sure how many shops around here have a jig if any, I used the paper diagram, it's really not that hard.

Let me know what you want for them ex., money, beer, reach around, etc. I'll gladly give them a good home just to keep them from getting depressed and to help me get into that area of the skiing.

a few cans of beer, some paper templates and some duct taper and we can remount if necessary.

I'm guessing they use a normal 3.6x9 Johnny?

a few cans of beer, some paper templates and some duct taper and we can remount if necessary.

I'm guessing they use a normal 3.6x9 Johnny?

They are indeed, they are super easy, wild snow probably has a walk through but the the only semi tricky part is the heal piece spacing but even that is pretty straight forward.

• 3 weeks later...

I rode a bunch of shit last week, one that really stood out was the Solly qlab 104. I don't like Solly skis, these rocked, some kind of super light core, prolly foam with a butt ton of metal. Really interesting.

Also the 190 Squad 7 rocks, I didn't like anything from the Elan or Nordica lineup, although the nyergy 105 was decent.

I rode a bunch of shit last week, one that really stood out was the Solly qlab 104. I don't like Solly skis, these rocked, some kind of super light core, prolly foam with a butt ton of metal. Really interesting.

Also the 190 Squad 7 rocks, I didn't like anything from the Elan or Nordica lineup, although the nyergy 105 was decent.

no vwerks mantras?