2013/2014 New Equipment Thread

RootDKJ

I want to get a FS/DH capable ride. When do bikes usually go on sale? I'd guess sometime in the fall?

Yeah, fall. September/October, bike shops have to order their 2014 product, so they have to clear out the old stuff (and get some moolah for a massive upcoming bill). I'll be at Human Zoom tomorrow and see what they have in your size. We have some pretty nice Santa Cruz bikes in stock.

• Like 1

How do you like the KONA ? I only ride a bike like a noob but it does interest me, I have a hook up on KONA's.

Disclosure: All I know about my current bike is that's its black and it only has one working gear and the brakes only kind of work, particularity when my giant kid is on the back.

Women for some reason they love to grow useless quantities of herbs you can buy at the store.....now if it was herbs you can't buy at the store.......

These bad boys just arrived...

480102_10100561998407576_2146167189_n.jp

In case you don't know what those weird looking tips do, they deflect the gates if you get too close to them. What would once take off your ski, is now deflected out of the way. Look out podium. You now have a dedicated left and right ski. I see lots of people on Monday night that have those things on backwards.

How do I know this? Check out my 203cm (true 207) Atomic SL skis from the 80s. This picture was probably taken the year you were born, but check out those old school tip deflectors I have on them. This was back when Alberto Tomba was Tomba La Bomba. Oh yeah, those are sweet fluoro orange Kerma Corrective Angle racing poles. I wish I still had them but they were stolen by a Jackson Hole local in 1993.

88skis001_zps5b345b0e.jpg

• Like 4

nice! you may want to reconsider tuning so aggressivley!

Never! Philpug shipped out my Axial2 150 MFX's today...should be here late next week. I also just snagged a pair of PX15s at a good price for eventual mounting on a pair of skis I do not own yet :ph34r:

In case you don't know what those weird looking tips do, they deflect the gates if you get too close to them. What would once take off your ski, is now deflected out of the way. Look out podium. You now have a dedicated left and right ski. I see lots of people on Monday night that have those things on backwards.

How do I know this? Check out my 203cm (true 207) Atomic SL skis from the 80s. This picture was probably taken the year you were born, but check out those old school tip deflectors I have on them. This was back when Alberto Tomba was Tomba La Bomba. Oh yeah, those are sweet fluoro orange Kerma Corrective Angle racing poles. I wish I still had them but they were stolen by a Jackson Hole local in 1993.

All my race room Atomic stuff had the deflectors (thats what set the race-stock vs regular apart). Can't wait to get on these bad boys!

Jeff,

I would bet that I've got sneakers that I actually wear older than the oldest skis you actually skied on this past season.

I'm just jealous.....It sucks being poor... shrug

I'm consolidating. I'm going to be down to 3 pairs...slalom race skis, 98mm all mtns and 119mm pow skis. Trying to dump the rest of the gear that is sitting around!