The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

I found some Denton stoke on their site.

Oh Dang.

They actually look like some fun little tree shots. I am guessing these aren't "on the map?" Looks pretty cleared out. I think somebody could take a hike through there with some clippers to cut some of the willy wacks, but overall, not too shabby.

Skiing ain't all about max vert or high speed lifts or how many Mexicans are making your food and cleaning up after your nasty ass. Skiing is not accounting, it's not a straight numbers game.

Mt. Slow is a shitty uninteresting hill, it's a slightly steeper Okemo were wanna be's and never will be's feel good about their skiing because the entire mtn is maybe pushing 15 degrees. NF at Snow is decent but everything goes Paradise like steepness after the first 100 yards.

If all your ever doing is going to the same places because they have max vert or because there cheeseburgers come on nice china and they pay people to be nice to you your missing so much of the experience.

Your home mtn is different, if your slogging away putting down 20/30 days it's reasonable to not want to spend 3/4 of that time on the lift but travel is about a new experience. Instead of pizza your going with meals in a gas state, the entire point is something different, something new.

10" new inches and I'll ride at Denton over Snow everyday of the week. Pow skiing is unreal but pow skiing will only a couple of other people on slow ass lifts is change your life kind of shit. No rush, just big shit eating grins and riding the same line just 5ft over run after run with a nice break to shoot the shit and absorb all that you are experiencing. At that time and space, vert and the drive and the food/lodges might as well be toilets on Mars who gives a fuck, in your mind they don't even exist.

Expand your horizons, see and experience all this world has to offer, all the various takes on what snow sports are and cut the accounting max value bullshit because your missing out. Ride Magic, ride Denton, ride Pow Mow and whatever you do don't fucking spend money in some corporate fuck head's idea of what a European village looks like shoe horned in to rural southern VT.

• Like 4

Did you pick one up? Me, you and Jfdan can carpool to Denton. I'll provide the transportation if you guys pick up the 1.21 gigawatts .

Not yet, but I probably will. Thanks for the offer on the carpool. I'll take you up on that.

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 1

My best day in PA was at a mountain that wasn't home for me. Pow day out at Seven Springs the year that they got close to 300" of snow during the season (i think that number is right).

250 miles from home, and the best damn day I could have asked for in PA.

I remember your TR from that day. Pretty awesome day. Made me wish I was there. I think they average in the upper 100" range, like 180" usually, but several years ago they had back to back 280-300" seasons that seemed to come out of nowhere. Pretty legit for PA. Can't complain about that.

She was joking with Vinny. The only place that ski season and football wouldn't overlap would be some southern state such as South Carolina.

Boy...He's done too much to his brain over the years. Gotta cut back on those pharmaceuticals, Doug.