The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

59 days until Black Friday. Time to get serious. Should we have a seperate pre-season training and diet thread? I'm off the the gym for 30 minutes on the dreadmill before "work". I will be back later tonight for legs strength training drills.

• Like 1

59 days until Black Friday. Time to get serious. Should we have a seperate pre-season training and diet thread? I'm off the the gym for 30 minutes on the dreadmill before "work". I will be back later tonight for legs strength training drills.

You planning on the Skillz for your Black Friday trip again this year?

I'm also starting to hit the gym again today to get the legs rock solid before ski season.

You planning on the Skillz for your Black Friday trip again this year?

I'm also starting to hit the gym again today to get the legs rock solid before ski season.

Hopefully, Hunter or Belleayre. It doesn't matter to me as long as I can make turns.

Hopefully, Hunter or Belleayre. It doesn't matter to me as long as I can make turns.

Your best bet may be Belleayre again if they stick to a semi aggressive snowmaking strategy. They don't seem to be projecting the early November opening anymore, but they have been aiming for T-Day the past couple years. Hunter seems to have gone the way of Powdr's Killington. They haven't really pushed the past couple years.

Root you're the only person I know who trains for ski season...I'm ready to ski tomorrow and get in some hyper carving.

I adjust my workouts in August every year with ski season in mind. Lots more squats and lunges.

• Like 1

First official winter storm of the season has been named. The storm is named Atlas, and the bulk of the snow will hit Wyoming. Johnny Law is usually up on this a little more than me, but does anyone know why temps have been so mild here and continue to look that way for the 10 day? Its 5 degrees or more above average for both highs and lows in the majority of the Northeast, including ski region.

First official winter storm of the season has been named. The storm is named Atlas, and the bulk of the snow will hit Wyoming. Johnny Law is usually up on this a little more than me, but does anyone know why temps have been so mild here and continue to look that way for the 10 day? Its 5 degrees or more above average for both highs and lows in the majority of the Northeast, including ski region.

High Pressure in place so no major changes for the next couple of days. Jet stream is riding kind of high so lots of warm air from the south west is flooding the region. Beyond that I don't know probably oscillation stuff but I haven't really been looking.

Northstar had about 20 runs open all covered by snowmaking when I was there XMAS of 2011..other Tahoe resorts had less terrain open. Ride have u skied in Tahoe before?

No, and I doubt I ever will. I made that assumption based on stats, so I wouldn't be surprised if the reality is much different.

Three years ago Tahoe got pounded before x mas. Of course it turned to cement by the time I got there but mostly everything was open at Squaw 2 weeks before Christmas. He won't be in PA so he'll be fine.

Why wouldn't u visit Tahoe??? You're rich u should hop on a plane sometime.

Maybe he's afraid to fly?

Why wouldn't u visit Tahoe??? You're rich u should hop on a plane sometime.

As you well know, just because you work in the family business, doesn't mean your rich. Your several years older than me, and a couple years ago you were still talking about juggling your expenses to see which trips you were going to take. Maybe things have changed for you, but I'm still in the same boat.

Maybe I haven't been there since 2010...what about u...are u gonna ski Stowe..it ain't Sunday River or even Killington but decent for the east.

Jeff's Dad bought him a ski simulator.

It's quite expensive, but if there is a good early season day, or a discount, or a patrol day, I'll give it a shot. You've talked it up so much that I have to give it a shot at least one day.