Boulder Opens Tonight!

oldtimeskier

good first day back on the slope. we got to the lift around 12:45 or so...no line to speak of at the lift. snow was soft and spring like, visibility was poor at best with all the fog and mist. we probably got about 8 to 10 laps in...line started to back up when we called it quits. fake cheese nachos, burger, & chili was had for the apr

• Like 4

good first day back on the slope. we got to the lift around 12:45 or so...no line to speak of at the lift. snow was soft and spring like, visibility was poor at best with all the fog and mist. we probably got about 8 to 10 laps in...line started to back up when we called it quits. fake cheese nachos, burger, & chili was had for the après.

we were grateful to get out today, but we were reminded why eye don't ski park...too many peeps sitting across the slope, snowboards abandoned in the middle of the trail, etc etc.

we drove past true blue on the way home. they still had good sized whales in the valley. I had to break out my best technical driving skillz on the new access road.

here are a couple of pics:

foggy lift ride

yqeduzur.jpg

trying out the new stix

a5aba7uv.jpg

Nice! How were the new skis?

BB is closing tomorrow. fyi.

yup. Talked to some employees up there who figured they'd probably be opening back up on Thursday after a few more nights of snowmaking.

'Twas a successful first day back for me. Got a few tricks back, first 2 on of the season, first overshooting a jump of the season, and somehow, no first fall of the season!

• Like 5

yup. Talked to some employees up there who figured they'd probably be opening back up on Thursday after a few more nights of snowmaking.

'Twas a successful first day back for me. Got a few tricks back, first 2 on of the season, first overshooting a jump of the season, and somehow, no first fall of the season!

and you were the oldest person doing tricks for the season, congrats!

• Like 2