Cable company near BB

poconoceancity

Service electric suckkkkssss. Only good thing about them is since I'm a student I only pay $50 a month for cable and internet. Between 3 people in my house it's pretty cheap. On the other hand my box broke in September(internal error) took a month to fix. They dropped off a new box, took the old one and the remote and never left a new remote so I called them and still have yet to receive a new remote. It's been 2 months. Plus their service is constantly being interrupted.

Comcast is not at all just a Philly thing. They're all over the country. While they may offer fast internet speeds, there's a lot of policies of theirs that are pretty terrible from a consumer's perspective, in my opinion. I'm pretty stuck though. It's either comcast or clear for me for internet. I've got clear and get about 8mb/s down, which is kinda slow. The price of quality internet in this area is just all around overpriced.

comcast is the only cable provider ive ever been impressed with

i had service electric growing up and i remember it sucking back then. and every time i visit my parents i'm reminded by how much it sucks still.

we had comcast for a few years....their speeds are good and consistent. but their prices SUCK...very expensive for what you get. we switched to verizon FIOS for a better price. the only downside is that the FIOS "basic" cable pack doesn't include universal sports HD or the golf channel....womp womp.

Edited by guitar73

We have Adams Cable in the Poconos, and I'll take their internet over Service Electric's any day. Unfortunately, Verizon has said it's not going to expand FiOS into the LV :(

Verizon stopped expanding Fios everywhere. Too expensive to build.

• Like 1

RCN has some great engineering practices, and some really counter-productive ones. They build really nice Headends, and they run a lot of fiber between their Headends. It's their OTN's and outside plant that sucks. Both are very poorly maintained. They're not quick to innovate new technology and tend to go with more cost effective solutions. Rumor is that management disrespects the employees and moral really sucks. Blue Ridge is a pretty good company I hear.

This has nothing to do with BB telecoms, but at Sugarbush we have Waitsfield Telecom, and they own the cable and phone rights, so they have decided to only use DSL instead of cable so they can hit you up for a phone connection too. All the infrastructure is in place for cable Internet, but no...

This has nothing to do with BB telecoms, but at Sugarbush we have Waitsfield Telecom, and they own the cable and phone rights, so they have decided to only use DSL instead of cable so they can hit you up for a phone connection too. All the infrastructure is in place for cable Internet, but no...

utility companys are nothing more than legalized monopolies....sux.