Next weekend opinions - 12/14

tnt

So Blue (person answering the phone) says tomorrow they open Tut's Lane, Skytop, Paradise, Homestretch, Falls, Shuttles and the Valley School hill, and then Burma Rd. on Saurday.

In terms of real terrain that basically means they are adding Paradise and the ability to ski off the highspeed chairs with a little more vertical.

Not sure how Fall will be accessable based on this - I guess it implies one can take Crossover from Lazy Mile to Falls even though they are not listing Crossover - would folks agree?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Blue needs to call the run between chute and midway something so they have 40 runs.

Skull Cracker?

I always wondered why they don't just blow below the lift between Come Around and Chute, everyone poaches it anyway?

They could just widen the area where it attaches to chute to prevent such a hard turn.

Most of the other mountains have lift line runs...

Skull Cracker?

I always wondered why they don't just blow below the lift between Come Around and Chute, everyone poaches it anyway?

They could just widen the area where it attaches to chute to prevent such a hard turn.

Most of the other mountains have lift line runs...

I was wondering that as well. Only thing I can think is, they think it's too narrow?

I was wondering that as well. Only thing I can think is, they think it's too narrow?

Nothing that few beers and chainsaws wouldn't fix...

Blue should also do away with the double double and just put another detachable quad and just not run it at full speed, in order to keep the on slope numbers the same.

Far easier for beginners to get onto a detachable than the fixed-speed, thigh bangers...

• Like 1

Honestly the rest of the season I might go on the Main Street and Burma lifts 3 times...

Nah, when the lines at the 6 and quad are out to the lodge area, I head back to the doubles.

They may be slow, but EVERYONE goes to the bottom and ignores the doubles.

I just keep on lapping Main Street and Lazy then.

• Like 1

damn. I was thinking of heading up. You have to let me know when you do evening sessions.

My bad. I'll post up next time. Honestly it was a last minute decision to ski. I was just going to meet MBike (nice to meet you and the Mrs. tonight sir) to pick up my passes and head home then I decided to put my shit on in the lot. So glad that I did. Lazy mile skiers right under the trees was the absolute shit. Main street was good too. My toes were numb when I left but it was worth it (the car showed 11 degrees).

It's official, I'm updating my thing and listing blue as a co-home mountain.

Edited by Ridge Racer
  • Like 3

I heard Beau was at the job fair...I'm friends with him on Facebook, I should ask him if he's coming back. All the other liftline people are so passive or they don't bother to heard people into groups of six and just yell at people, 6 to a chair..

I hope so, he is the only attendant that has a clue (perhaps that why he left Blue...) as to how to run the 6-pack lines, keep them balanced and keep the VIPs happy!

When the lines on the six and the quad are to the lodge area I'm at home.

What? You're gonna leave and miss the snow tomorrow???

indiggio blue isn't gonna be crowded tomorrow.... I know you stick around full days on weekends which is awesome. I used to do that. I just usually have my fill after 2-3 hours.

I don't think it's gonna be mega crowded either, but I do think it's gonna be more so than the past weekends, mainly because the south got snow, so that's gonna pull them out.

Lots will be up for the morning at least, depending on when the flakes start flying.

How often do you get to ski a Pocono snow storm?

Local folk, how does the Palmerton/Nazzareth area do with the roads? Sounds like it's gonna snow all day. Wouldn't mind getting stuck and skiing all day and night, but we'll be taking some kids who need to get home to central jersey by 6.

I'm in the same boat....and its fucking killing me. have to be back in the Delco area by 5 PM Saturday. Not sure i wanna take the chance of sitting on 476, similar to last weekends fun. I wish Chadds Peak was still open.

tnt which way do you go to Blue going through Palmerton and Nazareth? Roads should be fine..PennDott has known about this storm for days so will likely pretreat the roads as well. You live in Princeton so I'd just allow maybe 3 hours to get home. 22 to 145 might be a better bet than taking 248

More people than past weekends and triple the lift capacity. Alot of people won't go to blue tomorrow due to the snowstorm and the upcoming holidays..I think there will be a decent amount of people but no more than a few minute wait in VIP. Now if we get a decent snowfall Sunday could be pretty crowded but it will also be brutally groomed. I'm gonna try and time it out so I'm there when its snowing so I might come up a little bit later.

Three and four years ago I skied in a snowstorm many times. The last two seasons not so much but I can take off work at a moments notice as long as I don't have an appointment.

And I never remember a time when it snowed so much at blue that people were stuck. 4 years back when we got 16-20" the roads were still fine.

Yeah, we usually go 248.

Thanks for the info.

Might bail on blue and go to camelback instead just because it's closer to highways. But clearly, Blue is the right call for tomorrow - the valley lifts will keep folks moving uphill and the bumps will get some soft snow on top…..

Should be a good day and worth the slow drive. Enjoy everyone!

I'm in the same boat....and its fucking killing me. have to be back in the Delco area by 5 PM Saturday. Not sure i wanna take the chance of sitting on 476, similar to last weekends fun. I wish Chadds Peak was still open.

well, if you go for it, drive safe.

tnt how much snow do you have on the ground in Princeton?

2-3"

I work in bucks county PA and we have more like 4-5 here I think.

And down in DE they got more like 6-8 on Sunday.

From what I heard the snow won't start falling until late Saturday. Sunday morning is gonna be the powder day according to the news this morning. Looking like I'll be at frost Sunday since tomorrow is jam packed with things to do.

I'm seeing snow starting at 7am Sat.

But I think I'm going to try to change our say trip to Sunday.