Next weekend opinions - 12/14

tnt

You live in Princeton so I'd just allow maybe 3 hours to get home. 22 to 145 might be a better bet than taking 248

Worst part might be Jugtown Mountain, depending.

Going way out to 145 seems long an awfully long way around. 248 is usually kept pretty clean, just the hills you have to watch for.

Sunday would be good at Frost if there was a decent base in the trees. its probably better than last weekend, but it was sketchy then. I dont see East being open either. We all know all the Pa Hills will groom out gods gift to skiers to perfection by Sunday AM.

Sunday would be good at Frost if there was a decent base in the trees. its probably better than last weekend, but it was sketchy then. I dont see East being open either. We all know all the Pa Hills will groom out gods gift to skiers to perfection by Sunday AM.

post-2366-0-39774100-1386979592_thumb.jpg

Cheer up, its snow and it ain't raining and its before Xmas. Much to cheer about for an early season. Only a few inches needed to float. ;)

• Like 2

Not trying to be debbie downer. Trust me i am more than excited to have snow in december. It just happens on a weekend i cant make it work, so i will do the best to enjoy it via webcam. My point was basically reaffirming what GSS said. If u want to ski powder in the poconos, u need to ski while its snowing. The snow will be great this weekend, and i think we will be on the higher end of snow totals predicted.

Actually looks like the heaviest snow could be this evening.

What I love about PA is people don't go skiing cause its snowing!!!

But they'll risk their lyfe driving to work in a snowstorm.

Yeah, it's crazy. If my wife and I weren't driving with our daughter and her friend, we would have went for it, but didn't seem right to drive kids into a winter storm warning. Oh well.

My friend was just telling me about years ago, when mountain creek was vernon valley, they closed the mountain because there was too much snow!

Too funny.

Actually looks like the heaviest snow could be this evening.

What I love about PA is people don't go skiing cause its snowing!!!

But they'll risk their lyfe driving to work in a snowstorm.

Where do you get your weather? Seems more accurate than mine.

Nothing now in Philly except overcast. Obviously, a slow day here for me staring out my office window commenting on 3 flakes I just saw drifting by. Was thinking about going up to Doylestown today to watch a Roller Derby tourney, but a toilet tank issue popped up at mom's house.

well, sad to have missed the snow on saturday, and we weren't able to bring our daughter's friend with us today, but we had a great day. Snow was excellent. Bumps were great in the am, less great in the PM (is it me, or are those seeded bumps always just a little too far apart? regardless, the valleys were icy in the PM) Paradise was fun, with good snow in the gully on the sides of the trail. Lazy mile was fun. Burma road, falls...everything is better with real snow. Really, good fun. We skied from about 9 to 1:30. Longest line was about 4 minutes....