12-28 empty TR from the lot

VTmark

Twis the sunday before new new years and all around the rain poured down. Tost was tosty sleeping in his bed, St. Steeze was a skeezen and atomic said well fuck this. Vtmark and Mattedge polished off their IPA's and said they're all bitches.

But it is empty, no rain here and even main street was nice until ~8:45. Some bare spots on chute and one on upper main. Have not ridden lazy or pardise yet, about to go back out.

Night time temps for Monday through Friday:

Think razors will be open next weekend?

Maybe if the temperatures are as predicted...although razors will likely be for the race team only from 8-1030

When the cold hits they are gonna also have to first use alot

Of firepower resurfacing existing terrain which will be super thin after today's 50 degree temps followed by tonight's above freezing temps.

I just don't trust the predicted temperatures as its been trending 3-6 degrees higher than forecasted the last two weeks for low temps with the exception of yesterday.

With races upcoming and how much sway BMR has over the mountain, I'd bet they start hammering Razers soon.

They will they blew on razors two weeks ago. I'm guessing razors next weekend..challenge around then. Nightmare-Dreamweaver and switchback after the second cold spell and sidewinder park in 2016

I think there's almost 200 race kids on total. When bear creek cancelled their race team a few years back blue picked up alot of new race kids.

• Like 2

Blue wasn't the only one that got rain I was upstate way upstate temps were mid  to upper 40s tons of rain. Big Tupper stayed closed since it was all washed out. Had to go to a mountain in Monroe called Titus.I heard you guys had upper 50's and rain. Hopefully it gets cold this week and stays cold, gets a little old hitting the same trails every weekend. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

At ABE airport it rained less than 1/10 of an inch from 6-10am. If only that was snow we would have edge deep fresh pow

HAHAHAHAA!!!! I bet there are a 1000 posts from previous years that say the same thing, We need a tectonic shift that pushes the Pocono range up another 2000 feet.

• Like 2

The snowmaking cannons are on!!!

I went up for a night session because I had things to do today and didn't want to pay a fortune for a ticket when the conditions were iffy. I got a $30 ticket at my borough office and got on the slopes right at 4:00. They turned on the snow making at 5:15 on all the open trails. Temps were very marginal and it was a very wet snow if it was snow at all. I was wiping water off of my goggles, not snow. But it was freezing up after a while. I expected the base to be softer with all the warm weather but it was bulletproof cat tracks with frozen granular piles on the sides. Newbies were yardsaling all over the place and most boarder were sliding down Chute and Midway with their boards perpendicular to the slopes with there asses on the ice. Left at 6:00. Conditions were the worst that I can remember skiing on in years. Between the bad surface and the wet "snow"making making the visibility bad, it was almost unskiable. Brought back memories from the 70's.

Blue wasn't the only one that got rain I was upstate way upstate temps were mid to upper 40s tons of rain. Big Tupper stayed closed since it was all washed out. Had to go to a mountain in Monroe called Titus.I heard you guys had upper 50's and rain. Hopefully it gets cold this week and stays cold, gets a little old hitting the same trails every weekend. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Titus....wow I dated a girl from schnededty that's cousin fixed lifts there..she was weird but I had to pass Spanish.

Further north ain't much better killy is very firm....still good day skiing.

Blue should be in good shape by Jan 15 every possible indicator is showing cold....

I went up for a night session because I had things to do today and didn't want to pay a fortune for a ticket when the conditions were iffy. I got a $30 ticket at my borough office and got on the slopes right at 4:00. They turned on the snow making at 5:15 on all the open trails. Temps were very marginal and it was a very wet snow if it was snow at all. I was wiping water off of my goggles, not snow. But it was freezing up after a while. I expected the base to be softer with all the warm weather but it was bulletproof cat tracks with frozen granular piles on the sides. Newbies were yardsaling all over the place and most boarder were sliding down Chute and Midway with their boards perpendicular to the slopes with there asses on the ice. Left at 6:00. Conditions were the worst that I can remember skiing on in years. Between the bad surface and the wet "snow"making making the visibility bad, it was almost unskiable. Brought back memories from the 70's.

Definitely not warm enough for soft snow today after dark. It needs to be at least mid 40s this time of year for snow to soften up with the low sun angle. I agree the wet snowmaking snow sucks to ski through but they gotta make snow when they can. I've had many days so far this season with meh conditions. Way better conditions in November than December.

Temps were in the low 40's and sun was out when I got there. Not blaming Blue. They can only work with the weather they have. Ski areas are taking a beating this week. This is usually their busiest week.

Not to argue but in recent years the XMAS to New Years week hasn't been as silly due to the weather the real goobers usually aren't out in December...presidents MLK-Presidents weekend is when it's the craziest when the record shattering days have been hit. Anyway I find far skis to be best in sugar and crud but it's still not that fun to ski