Jack Frost Open Daily

weedreimer

Thought I saw you guys. We're you still there around 3?

I think maybe demattes for tomorrow. Would be shocked if thunderbolt opens.

yeah, we wrapped it up about then. 

no new terrain was open this morning. it was a bit colder and less humid, so skiing under the guns wasn't nearly as bad today as it was yesterday. we arrived on site about 8 am, booted up quickly, and then hit the slopes before 8:30 am. first run was one park and it was bullet proof fresh man made. that snow set up very hard, but it was edgeable. we didn't go back to it until lunchtime when others softened it up for us. challenge was really the only thing doing for most of the morning. snow was good on the top part and was a bit ugly towards the middle. the race team closed half of challenge to run slalom gates. happy glade was the run of the day with decent coverage thanks to the dense man made pow: not alot of rocks or stumps were poking through. saw weedreimer snapping doing his warren miller stuff. i stopped by and said hi and we chatted for a few...seems like a solid dude. we wrapped things up about noon and chowed down in the frosty toboggan with some warm bevs and burgers. 

jf really needs to open up a few more trails to make dealing with the race team's demands more manageable for the general public. floyd's was still rough around the edges.

• Like 1

It was about 1:45 getting there from my folks' house and about 2 hours back to mine. But I would have spent 45 min driving home from my folks house anyway, so I added 3 hours of driving, 3 hours of skiing and an hour of dealing with equipment and tickets to our trip home.

How's Floyds looking??

Thunderbolt opens today half groomed half whales for your fun and enjoyment. Exhibition tomorrow, and Tubing on Friday. Blasting away on Jane's Lane as well as Sno Chute, Lightning, and River Shot on East. Floyd's haven't fired on yet but should be an easy opening with the HKD's lining it. ONE Park build tonight. Crew continuing to work harder than ever to get the most and best snow down.

post-13009-0-92263300-1452091360_thumb.jpg post-13009-0-92763600-1452091365_thumb.jpg post-13009-0-27443800-1452091371_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thunderbolt opens today half groomed half whales for your fun and enjoyment. Exhibition tomorrow, and Tubing on Friday. Blasting away on Jane's Lane as well as Sno Chute, Lightning, and River Shot on East. Floyd's haven't fired on yet but should be an easy opening with the HKD's lining it. ONE Park build tonight. Crew continuing to work harder than ever to get the most and best snow down.

attachicon.gif374A5077.jpg attachicon.gif374A5095.jpg attachicon.gif374A5107.jpg

I am impressed with the speed at which they are opening trails at JF this year.  

I know there is some new snowmaking equipment this year, but in years past it has been weeks after they start blowing that they get around to East Mountain.  

• Like 1

Fyi coupons to be had at lukeoil.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I picked a few up, but i wont need them since i am going to win the powerball.

I also picked up some powerball tickets. Seems futile, but on the most minute of chances that you win, it would be the best return on your investment ever.