Best way to identify PASR's

Mess

I have seen on the trail report that many of the guys that go to Blue know each other.  I was wondering what is the easiest way to identify other PASR's.  I am sure this could get funny.

A few years ago I pulled into the lower lot at Blue and saw some guys hanging out.  I felt weird approaching and asking if anyone was on the site.  I actually said something to one off the guys and was kind of ignored/dismissed.  I also was looking to meet up with someone at Jack Frost.  It is weird trying to identify someone with a Blue or Red coat since a few hundred people fit that description.

I've met Kyle and I still can't spot him.

Being on this site and NS and having many meetings of internets peeps over the years has taught me one thing, it's always kind of weird.  With that said it's like any other odd situation in life, just dive in and talk to people.

I really feel like stickers are an odd but effective icebreaker in this situation.  I've had many kids over the years bump into me and ask about my NS stickers on the mountain without ever talking to them online or in person previously.  It's just a good starting point.  People who don't know, don't ask, people who recognize it will strike up conversation simply at the sight of something familiar.

Funny that someone is asking about identifying PASR's. I was at Blue on Sunday night and every one I saw on the mountain late 20's and over, I thought, hmmm, wonder if that guys a PASR.

PASRs are most likely to be skiing 8-10am on weekends beginning with first six pack and then migrate into the parking lot later in the morning. I don't think I've ever been to blue on a Sunday night. Nights during the week there are a decent amount of PASRs out but not as large groups. As for ages it's pretty much late 20s-50s. I think Nastar Glenn is 60 now.

When I get back from Jackson hole I'll plan a PASR day where we have a designated meeting at 9am top of the six pack.

One thing is most of us are fast.

This might be the best way to find us on weekend mornings. If you see a group not with the race team going FAR to fast to be "safe" its prob the PASR crew. Sunday mornings theirs TP4 and I on snowboards also going far too fast and we normally only 4 or 5 feet off of each others snowboards.

Once you meet everyone it's hard to not identify someone. PASRs are always lurking at Blue. 

Aint that the truth.

I always thought we needed a greeting, TGR has change for a nickel something like that in which it's nonsense unless you know.

we should just ask if the edge is griiiiiinnnnddddin

• Like 1

About 10 years ago, I was standing in line for the quad at blue. Atomic Jeff spotted the PASR sticker on my helmet and came up behind me and pounded on my helmet with his pole to introduce himself. He was always easy to spot because of his bright jacket. Jeff and Doug were the only ones I ever really skied with. I usually could spot Doug pretty quick by his jacket/helmet/goggles. I quit skiing before almost everyone started going to blue. I met a few other PASR's here and there but I can't remember who any more.

Are you at BC on weekends?

Usually Sundays. Sometimes Saturday. I only have Mon- Thursday pass at Blue. I don't think I could tolerate the stupidity there on the weekends. Bear is pretty close to my house, so if it gets too crazy, I leave. Or if I'm working watch the stupidity and wonder how the human race survived. 

Usually Sundays. Sometimes Saturday. I only have Mon- Thursday pass at Blue. I don't think I could tolerate the stupidity there on the weekends. Bear is pretty close to my house, so if it gets too crazy, I leave. Or if I'm working watch the stupidity and wonder how the human race survived.

How can we spot you???