After work sesh 3/1

enjoralas

Time to start making that season pass pay for itself! Headed up solo after getting off work, 20 minutes door to door and I was parking in the upper lot. Wanted to park down low but had to check out what night clam night is at Slopeside because my wife was gonna bring the kids up for dinner if it was Tuesdays, but it's Thursdays. Wish that info had been online somewhere. Tuesday is kids under 10 eat free in case you were wondering.

On the snow by about 6:40 pm and put in a solid hour and 3 quarters. Started off with Lazy to Falls, conditions were mashed potatoes soft but not too torn up down Lazy, and same on Falls except there were some significant piles to be avoided. I'm working on my ability to read the bumps and ruts well, I get caught off guard hitting some of it and throwing me off more often that I would like.

Six was running with no waits to speak of, no quad. Took the express back to the top and decided to run Paradise. A groomer must have made a run up the right side because there was cord there with only 4 or 5 tracks through it, so stayed over there and had a nice run to the bottom. So nice it was like a shampoo bottle, I had to rinse and repeat. Back up again for Nightmare to Dreamweaver. Caught a ski in a pile and went down coming to a stop for a break at the transition between the two, but otherwise a fun, uneventful run.

Next up decided to run Switchback, probably the run of the night for me. Same soft conditions as everywhere else, trail broken up but not so bumped that I had any trouble staying in control. Fun, fun run. Burma Chair running so took that back up and ran down Widowmaker for the pow shots. Didn't like the look of Chute so ran down to pick up the bottom half of Burma Road and back to the double. Up one more time for last real run of the night, down Main Street. Thinking about it. maybe that was the run of the night. Great run, stayed out of the muck, picked a good line down the clear parts of the trail. Great last run of the night. 

Rode back up the chair and took the short run to the lodge. That's the worst part of using the upper lodge, you end your day with a chair ride and crap run back, either across Connector or down Easy Out/Vista. I think I'll be a lower lot guy from here out, unless there's a good reason to be up top like a $40 Slopeside voucher or something, haha.

A good night, 7 runs, a quick 6600 vert and 8 miles skied. According to Ski Tracks, hit a new personal top speed again and broke 40mph for the first time. Unless the wife really wants clams on Thursday, probably looking at Saturday at the Camel for next time on the snow. Have one more day we have to use up there before they shut it down on us.

• Like 1

Enjorales you should have been at Blue for our radar gun day. I hit 64mph on razors but then PASRs Atomic Jeff hit 74mph cause he has a very aerodynamic tuck and that was in ski clothes. In a race suit and with the right training by a level three instructor I think we could break the sound barrier and you'd be able to hear the supersonic boom all the way to Jim Thorpe.

Nice report!!!! I sort of feel guilty for not skiing today after work but planning on Thursday during the day and Saturday and Sunday mornings. Then prob have to go nearly everyday before PPSRD post pocono skiing & riding disorder!!!

Enjorales do you have an all days pass or weekday only. Most of the PASRs park in the lower lot. TheDude4Bides doesn't cause he has a sports car and Matt Edge doesn't cause he's superstitious and lost his phone in the lower lodge.

Lower lot is so much better as its a real quick exit.

I've got the all days pass, most of my skiing is on weekends since I work M-F and don't get home until 6, sometimes later. And I can only justify being away from the wife and kids every so often on week nights after work.

Rode last night too, Dude and friends, GSSucks were around. Was real fun, gotta get the days in looks like next weekend may be it.

Nice. I'm sure we crossed paths. Probably while I was standing on the side of a trail resting, lol. Yeah, I thought the base looked a little ugly in some areas on the trailsides, but my inexperienced eye don't know shit. I hope we get at least this weekend and next, locked into Camel on Sat and want to hit Blue at least once more

I've got the all days pass, most of my skiing is on weekends since I work M-F and don't get home until 6, sometimes later. And I can only justify being away from the wife and kids every so often on week nights after work.

Nice. I'm sure we crossed paths. Probably while I was standing on the side of a trail resting, lol. Yeah, I thought the base looked a little ugly in some areas on the trailsides, but my inexperienced eye don't know shit. I hope we get at least this weekend and next, locked into Camel on Sat and want to hit Blue at least once more

I'm the only dude with either a hot pink or purple POC helmet say hi if we run into each other again.

I had 3 days of no-ski between return and getting back to blue. Slacker city and AARP age so no apologies needed.. TP4 for hard core King!

Ok, I need a nap now

My bad I spelled your name wrong earlier. TP4 is hardcore but you are no doubt in the top tier of PASRs in terms of commitment to the sport and I give you mad props for that...you're alright!!!! Plus you can ski at MRG and Alta. I don't know if all y'all knew but Bruno Mars wrote a song about TP4...yes it's called Amazing...oh and no homo.

Another great Thursday here. Still blowing snow. Kept most trails nice and fluffy. I need to learn how to wear contacts. Glasses and goggles causes a headache after awhile. Tried the prescription sunglasses at first. Just didn't cut it with all the guns on.

Just left Blue. I'll post a report soon..I'm posted up at sheetz now. I wear contacts. The technology has gotten good and you might be a good candidate for disposable contacts. I really only wear contacts when I go out to bars and when I go skiing. Otherwise I wear glasses, prescription sunglasses or nothing.

Yeah, just recently had eye exam. They said just set up appointment, and they would help me learn how to use them. I would prolly only use them for skiing.

I too wear contacts just for certain activities, especially skiing.

I tried for a while to wear glasses under goggles, but it just never seemed to work.

Inserting/removing takes a bit of practice at first, but one typically gets used to it quickly.