Weekend roll call 3/5-3/6

Status in doubt. Mother in law is in the hospital so I'll probably miss this weekend. Next weekend my wife has a bachelorette party and I have to watch the kids, so unless I can get some nights in my season might be over unless blue rallies and stays open past next weekend. So bummed.

Status in doubt. Mother in law is in the hospital so I'll probably miss this weekend. Next weekend my wife has a bachelorette party and I have to watch the kids, so unless I can get some nights in my season might be over unless blue rallies and stays open past next weekend. So bummed.

That's sad...positive vibes to your mother in law!!! Maybe drop the kiddos odd at blue mountain daycare.

Shawnee with the kids tomorrow for me. Using up my last PASR card "punch" for that mountain to ski virtually free for me and 2 under 46" kids. I expect the last time they will qualify for that there.

Do kids under 46" seriously ski free there? Both mine are well under 46"

Do kids under 46" seriously ski free there? Both mine are well under 46"

Yes, with a paying adult. And they count a punch on a PASR card as paying adult. Meaning the 3 of us ski for a grand total of $14 (since I ski 4 mountains on each of my $57 PASR cards). We have gone to Shawnee quite a bit the last couple years. But I am willing to start paying money for them to ski next year so they are not midgets for life.

You should come to blue Sunday.

Kids piano recital Sunday. But still have a PASR punch left for Blue so I will be there sometime this season, probably March 12.

• Like 1

It is called the PA Ski and Ride card. It is offered through clubs affiliated with NJ Ski Counci. Don't have to live in NJ to join. Pay $30/year to join princeton ski club and order as many cards as you like. It is the best deal in PA skiing unless you work for a mountain or ski one mountain enough to bring your per day cost for a season pass under $15/day. That would be about 35 days at Blue for a season pass to be as good a deal.

It is called the PA Ski and Ride card. It is offered through clubs affiliated with NJ Ski Counci. Don't have to live in NJ to join. Pay $30/year to join princeton ski club and order as many cards as you like. It is the best deal in PA skiing unless you work for a mountain or ski one mountain enough to bring your per day cost for a season pass under $15/day. That would be about 35 days at Blue for a season pass to be as good a deal.

Except it's not good in December so in a normal season when there's skiing most days in December you'd have to buy daily tickets.

Princeton Ski Club called it the "Pocono Card" when I inquired about it, but they had already stopped selling for the season

Yep December is where I blow most of my ski budget. But this year it was at Killington and Belleayre.

Mountain Sports Club always offers $25 tix to Shawnee with no black out dates, so I usually pick up a couple of those for December skiing with kids.

Princeton Ski Club called it the "Pocono Card" when I inquired about it, but they had already stopped selling for the season

Just checked. The actual name is the PMVB Ski and Ride Card. I imagine that stands for Pocono Mountain Visitor Bureau. The clubs order all the cards at one time, so you need to order them before they put in their order.

Get in on it early next year.

Yep December is where I blow most of my ski budget. But this year it was at Killington and Belleayre.

Mountain Sports Club always offers $25 tix to Shawnee with no black out dates, so I usually pick up a couple of those for December skiing with kids.

Just checked. The actual name is the PMVB Ski and Ride Card. I imagine that stands for Pocono Mountain Visitor Bureau. The clubs order all the cards at one time, so you need to order them before they put in their order.

Get in on it early next year.

Do they come with names on them? I'm wondering if I can order and give a couple to my dad. Not that I'm trying to short the club out of another membership fee, but . . . Okay, I guess I am. But the cards would literally be the only benefit we would look for from the club.

No names on them but on occasion (about a third of the time) a ski resort will ask me to show my ski club membership card when I use these cards.

Another benefit you can get from your ski club membership is Windham sells a $30 ski club card to ski club members good for one anytime lift ticket and discounts every other day. So if you go to Windham once that pays for your ski club membership right there.

My goal for the remainder of the year is to get in a day each at Blue, Shawnee (tomorrow) and Windham to get full value for what I have paid for. May also try Big Bear.

Tried Alpine last year with the kids, who mocked what passed for black diamonds there based on their experience at Shawnee. Will not be back there.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski