Laurel Mountain to Reopen

Ride Delaware ?

You are doing it wrong. On one of our trips to Utah, PC made it out in time to take advantage of the free lift ticket with same day flight. Brighton i believe. He had his skis and picked up a car.

We did that and had lunch and ski'd Deer valley a few years ago

Traveling with kids is tough, we did the southern vt thing for years with the kids - easiest and cheapest, and had a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 1

To take kids on flight out west, you need to wait until they're self-sufficient (carry their own boots, carryon, etc.) and can ski/board enough difficult terrain out here to make the west worthwhile.

Not worth the expense/hassle of taking them out west to ski easy stuff, that terrain can be had around here and New England far cheaper.

• Like 2

First of all ABE has less airlines than larger airports so less competition. The planes that fly out of smaller airports are smaller and smaller planes have a higher per seat operating cost as landing fees as pilots are spread out over less passengers. Another reason is that low cost airlines typically don't fly out of regional airports as much as major hubs.

I've had some fun road trips but as I get older the thought of driving several hours after a final ski day just makes me tired. I drive less and less as I get older. My car is 15 months old and I have 9,000 miles on it.

I really wish ABE had more in the way of flight options. 

• 4 weeks later...

yea but there terminal is smaller than most bus stations.

saw more deer when i went there than planes.

Then they're efficient. Lehigh valley can handle double or triple the passengers but are at a geographic disadvantage with limited flight destinations and being an hour+ to two of the worlds largest airports with cheaper flights. My uncle is on the airport board. They are in massive debt. Why they add to sell a bunch of land for the new fedEx hub.

Your unlce is on the board lol.

Youd never know youre this connected if i j just met you at a bar.

You know if they want to save money they can hire me to clean their windows. My old guy has them now and he charges way more than i do.

I think its funny they were worried about a couple hundred thousand in debt or whatever when theyve been sitting on multi million dollar land deals

Your unlce is on the board lol.

Youd never know youre this connected if i j just met you at a bar.

You know if they want to save money they can hire me to clean their windows. My old guy has them now and he charges way more than i do.

I think its funny they were worried about a couple hundred thousand in debt or whatever when theyve been sitting on multi million dollar land deals

I'm super connected. My grandfather was on like twelve boards and head of rotary and board president of Allentown hospital. I couldn't imagine going to board meetings in the evenings after work but some people wanna act like they're important. That uncle is in commercial real estate. The 3900 Hamilton street building across from dorney park is his and that's where his office is.

And their debt was 26 million back in the mid 90s due to a county settlement for taking a property that was supposed to be developed. They've whittled away their debt and made their last payment with the land sale to FedEx