Mt Snow

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Heading up there this weekend with my 2 kids and their 2 teen cousins, 1 of whom is a boarder.

I expect we will be starting on green trails then hitting some blues given their experience levels.

I know some VT mountains have significant traverses on green trails, which would not be easy on my snowboarding niece.

Any thoughts on trails there for a snowboarder to avoid due to traverses?

Yep that was a factor for me, plus the fact that they have essentially all of their greens and blues open and none of their blacks open, which means the kids can go just about anywhere without exceeding their level. Figuring that their blues will be no tougher than the blacks they have done at Shawnee and Montage.

I went to Bromley 5 or 6 years ago and really enjoyed it. It's a little mellow, but I stuck to the stuff skiers right off the quad and had fun. There's some good little cruisers over there and some slightly tougher stuff on the front, but nothing is going to scare the kids.

I don't recall much about Mt. Snow, but while it isn't the steepest mountain, I don't recall having too many issues with traversing. I think you'll be just fine.

I say excellent choice on picking this weekend with the way the holiday falls. Shouldn't be too busy. I'm sure the shitshow will ensue on Monday...

• Like 1

Long John is the main green but gets really crowded at times.  I like snow dance.  It used to be classified as a blue but it is a really nice trail. I also think Canyon is a nice wide trail.  When things get busy I lap canyon and stay on canyon express.  Everyone waits for the bubble which is nice but lines for canyon are always small.

• Like 1

Had a great day at Bromley today with some nice fresh snow on the ground - about 5 inches over 24 hours - and more falling in the morning. Fog early and wind late were the only downsides. Place was empty and it felt almost like a private mountain. Kids made it down everything including the two blacks that were open and loved the sense of exploring a large area. On to Snow tomorrow.

• Like 3

The nicely padded bubble lift at Snow was a big hit on a cold day, and Long John and other green runs were not crowded and lots of fun for the crew. But some of the blue runs were quite icy and a bit much for them. Last run one of my girls had had enough for the day and coaching and assisting her down that last long blue run was quite a trying experience. Just glad that I was able to resolve everything safely and comfortably and boost her spirits afterwards and she remains enthusiastic for more skiing in the future. But that was the roughest experience I have had skiing with my kids so far. So Bromley was definitely the greater success story of the weekend.

Their first time going out two days in a row as well, which always has one's legs a bit less fresh on day 2.

Back to their comfort zone in PA for a little while, but nice to have put that in perspective for them with a glimpse of VT skiing. Definitely gonna do quite a bit more PA woodshedding before taking them on any Western trips.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 6