Jackson hole 1/24-2/1...2017

With the weather like it's been the past few years here in PA, I'm itching to move out west as well, preferably Colorado as the inversions in SLC seem detrimental to one's health and Jackson Hole is way too expensive.

My friend that lives in SLC has a mask and he said air pollution levels this week are similar to Beijing.

January 31, 2017 day 7 of 7

Hey all,

I never post a report from two days ago cause I got way way to faded after skiing. For the 6th day in a row me and Atomic Jeff took the town bus to the mountain as we only took the hotel bus once as it just isn't as comfortable. For the 7th day in a row we stood in line and chit chatted with Dennis our local buddy who's lived in JH for 26 years and is a ski tester, ski maker, elk Hunter, pilot, awning maker and Teton county cookie champion. Dennis hooked us up with some of his homemade caramel which was a lot like the state of California..filled with fruits and nuts lol. Just the three of us in first civilian gondola. Lots of wallets out taking the earlier cabins between 830 and 845.

At the top visibility was not great and the snow was a little sticky in spots from a skiff of new snow. The winds were fierce and no singles were allowed on the Thunder lift and Sublette was closed. Started out with amphitheater and was alright then Grand which was like Blue mountain on a bad day. That chattering snow. Laramie bowl was a little better and a complete ghost town. Eerily quiet.post-512-0-78805900-1486070079_thumb.jpeg. Skied another run or two off thunder then took the marmot lift up to the top of the gondola and a few minutes later met TP4 and his dad. I wanted to take TP4s dad on something easy but he had his sites set on sundance top to bottom. I took upper sundance to croaky point to Casper area to Blacktail back to sundance to base of gondola. Up gondola again and offered caramel to two snowboarders and they asked if they were special and TP4s dad snickered.

TP4 and dad wanted to ski to the base again and me and atomic Jeff ended up going back to Thunder and it was puking snow. post-512-0-81011100-1486070272_thumb.jpeg. We then headed over to Casper area via the Nez Perce gravity traverse and saw TP4 from the lift. Waited at the top of Casper for him and showed him the run next to terrain park which always either has fresh cord or untracked snow. About 500 vert of heaven before dumping back to the very busy Casper area. Ended up going to the Teton lift and skiing Casper and crags run and making yellow snow in the woods off Apres Vous. post-512-0-08924100-1486070407_thumb.jpeg Conditions both on the trails and off were not that good as it didn't snow much. Conditions during the week went from day after monster pow day huge piles of soft snow to packed powder to chalky snow to good eastern conditions to bad eastern conditions. Ended up quitting early thankful to have survived skiing some super legit terrain and Mach looney speeds and met up with Jill and Scott at the mangy moose a little after noon. Had chili they forgot cheese and I said to waiter about the cheese as atomic Jeff had cheese in his chili and waiter never brought me cheese and noticed when I was already done. Also had a slice of pepperoni pizza and Jill and Scott's friend joined us for a few beers. I had some sort of session beer and a couple Long Island ice teas.

After the mangy went to jills friends room and took bong hits I think one was dusted with some hash as well and I was retarded. There was another skibum hanging out and he was talking about how his friend got caught on CCTV pissing in the line for the Tram..that is Savage as fuck. Jill Scott and other homeys then wanted to head somewhere else to drink and I wasn't feeling it but got to check out Jill and Scott's rig which is a ford 5500 similar to this with a camper on the pickup and towing two snowmobiles. Probably a $100,000 setup at least. post-512-0-49664000-1486070808_thumb.jpeg. Atomic Jeff was in his street shoes and climbed up to see the inside and I was in my ski boots and was smart enough not to walk up the sketchy ladder.

The walk to the bus from there was a bit sketchy for me as well as I was so freaking faded the shit hit me hard. Ended up going into the mangy moose store and getting water and the hippie cashier was dancing and two bottles of water was only like $3. Then got on the free bus at 3pm as the timing was good felt a little better back in the room until I drank a bunch of Jack and Coke I remember being really mush mouth when I called for the next day's can. Had supper at the brewery and just one beer there and passed the fuck out.

Despite no pow days there was such a nice base and skied lots of fun terrain including multiple Hobacks runs, Alta chutes, woods on Pepis, thunder woods, Symatry woods below Mr. Toads wild ride..Cirque before it got fucked..Rendevous bowl, Bivoac woods, Wally World and the famous Kemmerer run which used to be Moran face and is the steepest groomer ever. I'll be back. post-512-0-42078200-1486071189_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

This has probably been posted before but this is one of the GoPro lines of the winter from last year. Corbetts to ten sleep bowl to expert chutes to amphitheater in like 2 minutes. Not only would this guy have no trouble beating the tram down, he'd prob have enough time for a waffle and PBR at the base while awaiting the same team he came up on. Wow just wow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z5a4UQmZLs

• Like 1