2/3/17 - Short mornin sesh

enjoralas

Wasn't planning on skiing today, but one of the supervisors at work hit me up at an employee meeting on Tuesday and said he was coming out, asked if I wanted to join him. Had him look at the time off calendar and day was available. So what the hell.

Got to the upper lodge right about 915 am after getting the wife and kids out the door, buddy was in line trading in a voucher from CBS Local deal for his lift ticket. Booted up and on the snow about 930.

Conditions were nice and firm with a topcoating of man made powder as we cruised down Vista. Elected to run down Burma since it was presumably in the best shape I've seen this season, and likely the best shape it would be in all day. Didn't disappoint with a nice firm but not icy surface, a little bit of loose on top but not as much as elsewhere because they weren't blowing there. Turned out to be ROTD for me.

Up the Burma lift and we headed over to hit Switchback. Was a little more crowded than I would have expected for a weekday morning, and conditions were pretty nice. There was some powdery snow pushed around from a few guns on here and there, made for some bumps and stuff that in the flat light were a bit spicy for my skill level, but nothing I can't handle. Point them downhill and make small turns, and no proble—

Oops, spoke too soon! Caught and edge or something and took a hell of header face first pointed straight down the fall line! Lol, wish the GoPro had been on for that run. Knocked the wind right outta me, tasted blood but spit was clear so whatever. Got recombobulated (let's make it stick, NMSki!) and continued down to the lift.

Up the Main St chair and was chatting with my friend about excessive quad burn. I'm pretty sure I get it from poor form, and I really need to work on it. Legs were already killing me. Worried it was going to be an early day for me.

At the top decided to hit up Lazy to see what that was looking like, didn't realize it was closed. Explains the crowds (relatively) on Switchback. Back into Switchback and managed to complete the entire thing upright. Even more people now.

Skied all the way into the valley and to the sixer. Was really feeling it in the legs. Had to stop to give them a break once on the way from the bottom of Main st to the lift.

At the top decided against Nightweaver because I couldn't see how much of the trail was bumped from the trailhead. Went down Paradise and split from my friend, he hit Dreamweaver. Paradise wasn't bad at all save the guns being a bit of a nuisance (but glad as hell that they're on!) and would have enjoyed the shit out of it if not for my damn quads. Knew that was gonna be my last run, which sucks to quit after 4 measly runs but hey, it's better than a day at work!

Headed back up and took Tuts to the cutback to the upper lodge. Went in for lunch with Ed and he went back out after lunch. We went up the stairs to look at the school hill, they were delivering the big blocks of ice for the carvings, throne and ice slide for tomorrow's festivities, and further up the hill it looks like they are starting to put together the luge course. Saw one turn formed, I thought they would have had it all together by now.

Bummed to call it quits after only a few runs, but planning on skiing tomorrow (looks like Camel) and didn't want to totally kill the legs. Like I said, it could be worse, I could be at work!

• Like 2

Nice report have no idea on the quad burn. Are the quads below or above the knees?? Have fun tomorrow at the camel looking forward to a report from there as no PASRs have been at camelback this season except Ski2Live and I don't think he post a report.

Quads are above the knee on the front of the legs. Thighs would be the back. Lower leg would be shins and calves, respectively.

Will def post a report if we hit Camel. Waiting to hear back from Pops on where he wants to go. We bought triple tickets to CB, so want to make sure we use them on days when conditions should be good. Feels more like a waste to burn a day there on shit conditions then to hit Blue since we have passed there.

Quads are above the knee on the front of the legs. Thighs would be the back. Lower leg would be shins and calves, respectively.

Will def post a report if we hit Camel. Waiting to hear back from Pops on where he wants to go. We bought triple tickets to CB, so want to make sure we use them on days when conditions should be good. Feels more like a waste to burn a day there on shit conditions then to hit Blue since we have passed there.

Tomorrow will be good conditions anywhere as its gonna get cold tonight and stay cold tomorrow with sunshine. All that snowmaking helps get rid of the sugar.

i had to google that.

didnt think youd go there toast. wow just wow.

giro verse for 40% off.

Good deal this is a good time to get any winter gear or clothing. My homegirls at kohls probably replacing the mock turtlenecks with bathing suits and mesh shirts wow.

OMG Toast I googled Siberian Goggles on Google..I'm laughing so hard..you're awesome lololol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Oops, spoke too soon! Caught and edge or something and took a hell of header face first pointed straight down the fall line! Lol, wish the GoPro had been on for that run. Knocked the wind right outta me, tasted blood but spit was clear so whatever. Got recombobulated (let's make it stick, NMSki!) and continued down to the lift.

Sounds like you got discombobulated before you recombobulated...

...chatting with my friend about excessive quad burn.

More skiing and longer sessions will take care of that.

Edited by indiggio