Canyon 3/8

momskeeztoo

Damn!  Free donuts?  Those are $4.00/ea.   Nice score!

Canyons is ok, but Park City is far better.

Drive to Park City if you're staying in the Canyons, unless you want to waste like an hour riding lifts to get over there. 

Not bad to do once, but a PITA to get back as you have to watch time for lift closures and some of them run very slow.

If you're not into hiking up Jupiter Peak, take the traverse into the woods just below and around the hiking entrance at the top of Sunrise to get over to O & P Zones. 

You won't get the top chutes, obviously, but you can get most of the run without the hike.

Lots to ski out there.  Have fun!

Damn!  Free donuts?  Those are $4.00/ea.   Nice score!

Canyons is ok, but Park City is far better.

Drive to Park City if you're staying in the Canyons, unless you want to waste like an hour riding lifts to get over there. 

Not bad to do once, but a PITA to get back as you have to watch time for lift closures and some of them run very slow.

If you're not into hiking up Jupiter Peak, take the traverse into the woods just below and around the hiking entrance at the top of Sunrise to get over to O & P Zones. 

You won't get the top chutes, obviously, but you can get most of the run without the hike.

Lots to ski out there.  Have fun!

Are the O and P Zones patrolled?

Nope.

However, the one day we were running the traverse, we could see the remnants of avy grenade discoloring the snow.

Haha that's a lot of runs at Jackson hole

Now I remember meeting Mamaskeeze late March of 2010 at camelback. I was rapping at the top of the lift for all the PASRs.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Spent the day at Park City. Pics to come. Had a great day, No wifi here, and I'm running out of data. If I sit in a place with free Wifi long enough I'll post some. Haven't been doing much sitting anywhere, just having a great time. 😎 Favorite trail today was Powder Monkey.

• Like 5