Powder morning Friday 3/10 roll call

moe ghoul

Just maybe Ullr will grace us with a Pocono fresh snow day. I put an order in for 6" starting with some wet binder and finishing off with something drier and crustless. Me and Dan and Gepeto from TGR are thinking fresh trax and no crowds for 3 hours nonstop goodness. Beers in the lot. EC season is winding down, git sum!

Does AWD really make much difference in snow other than when you are stuck and trying to get out?

I would think your tires make a lot more difference otherwise. I understand from Mr.Gordon that the tires are the things on your car that make contact with the road.

Last year's blizzard at blue indiggio's and my subbies were absolutely buried. We barely shoveled, just drove out. Our friend in the suburban had to be pushed out however. I done a few rider-of-the-storm rides over the years. A few all the way up to Vt. Love my outback (with paddle shifters). I also roll with snow tires

• Like 5

Last year's blizzard at blue indiggio's and my subbies were absolutely buried. We barely shoveled, just drove out. Our friend in the suburban had to be pushed out however. I done a few rider-of-the-storm rides over the years. A few all the way up to Vt. Love my outback (with paddle shifters). I also roll with snow tires

The paddle shifters are $$$ in the snow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We don't want wet snow at blue makes it to slow just blower.

Fresh tracks should last about 30 minutes though lol maybe 45 minutes. I'll be there if the snow actually happens probably arrive around 745

3 hours nonstop would be one of my longest sessions this season at blue lol.

It's karaoke nite. You'll be too weak to get up early.

1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:160)

Edited by moe ghoul

Does AWD really make much difference in snow other than when you are stuck and trying to get out?

I would think your tires make a lot more difference otherwise. I understand from Mr.Gordon that the tires are the things on your car that make contact with the road.

...and the car is the thing on the road that takes you back to your abode.

• Like 2

Wow just wow...u straight pop drop and lock in it ready for some of that Poe..mad Edgar Alan what what or que que for all you snow sports enthusiasts cash me outside at Blue how bou dat...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=elPgBKL05N4

I've driven (unfortunately) back home from Vermont in a few blizzards as well in my subie without problems and no snow tires either.

Can't count the number of times I've driven up to Blue to find numerous cars stranded going up Mountain Drive. #nofriendsonapowderday

It better be snowing!!!!! nuthin in Allentown yet...................

Nothing here in Hellertown either.

Checked the webcams and saw a groomer go by, snow falling in it's headlights!