Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

For instance Dolomiti/Sella Ronda in Italy. 5-day pass 205 EUR, huge, really vast interconnected skiing area, not just one mountain. Direct flights from JFK to Milan for $700.

Or Arlberg area in Austria. 5-day pass 240 EUR, direct flights from EWR to Zurich for $680.

Your lodging is surprisingly cheap, btw. How did you get lift tickets for $601? I see, they have a promo for season pass holders, is that it?

WNEP card is out. I'm tempted to grab one

Whiteface Mountain – Lake Placid, NY

Ski Big Bear – Pennsylvania

Jack Frost / Big Boulder – Pennsylvania

Mountain Creek – New Jersey

Shawnee Mountain – Pennsylvania

Ski Sawmill – Pennsylvania

Swain Mountain – New York

(WNEP Ski Cards must be ordered by 12/5/17 in order to receive them in time for Holiday Gifts)

You may redeem this for either weekday or weekend lift tickets. That’s right, you can ski on the weekend with the WNEP Ski Card! Please note that this is not valid for holidays (Please see holiday dates in restrictions below.)

The best part about this deal is that you can ski each of these great resorts for only $99 total! That’s more than a 75% savings from purchasing a lift ticket to each mountain, individually! If you want to take advantage of this great deal, then you’d better act fast as quantities are limited!

Root went the day after a snowstorm and it was a shitshow.

Just the crowds? Heh, I remember how I came to upper lodge on BM one weekend, and people were standing in a 100'-long ticketing line along the sidewalk.

My past impression of MC was that it was kind of warmer and slushier than the neighboring mountains.

Just the crowds? Heh, I remember how I came to upper lodge on BM one weekend, and people were standing in a 100'-long ticketing line along the sidewalk.

My past impression of MC was that it was kind of warmer and slushier than the neighboring mountains.

Was that right after the blizzard?

Was that right after the blizzard?

Can't recall now, it was two years ago. I do remember, that the conditions were prime, and it was the beginning of the season. Rangers at JFBB even laughed at me the next week for even considering BM on that weekend. It was terrible indeed.

Can't recall now, it was two years ago. I do remember, that the conditions were prime, and it was the beginning of the season. Rangers at JFBB even laughed at me the next week for even considering BM on that weekend. It was terrible indeed.

You must have arrived late morning if the lines were that long. Anyway on wankers park at the top.

I'm contemplating to go to Whiteface on the WNEP card and then stopping at Killington or Hunter on the way there or back. What's the best way of getting a discount ticket for either of these two mountains? Killington has a voucher, but it's valid only until 12/16. Hunter used to have some cart, IIRC. Are they traditionally running any promotions around black friday? Or have some usable deals for a single visit?

Yeah airfare is $600ish..usually is $500ish one year was only like $420. It's a once a year expense to get me to my favorite ski mountain doesn't really matter to me if it was $800 I'd pay that.

Lodging at the 49er is around $80 per night and through central reservations lift tickets are $601 for 7 days or could buy tickets at the window first 6 days of trip for 40% off with season pass and and full price February 1st and would be $602 lol.

There are cheaper flights with connections out of philly and Newark but these flights are great times and direct. Anyway I go to Jackson hole every year in late January it's part of my annual schedule going back to 2005. I do want to ski in Europe sometime let me know where these $600 airfares go like the airline and route. I do want to ski in Europe.

Where did you see the 40% off lift tickets deal?

I’m running some #’s, might make sense for me to do the mountain collective pass since I’m going to Taos too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you see the 40% off lift tickets deal?

I’m running some #’s, might make sense for me to do the mountain collective pass since I’m going to Taos too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mountain collective you would get two free days at JH and two free days at Taos and additional days are 50% off.

Link to golden ticket promotion at JH.

https://www.jacksonhole.com/golden-ticket.html

Note that it's 40% off a single day ticket of I believe around $130 and through central reservation reservations there are multi day discounts available but more in the 20-30% off range but you could save on airfare by lumping together airfare lodging and lift tickets.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1