Ski Selection Thread

saltyant

I told Steeze that a major announcement was pending. So here it is. The moment you've (i.e. Steeze) have all been waiting for.................

image.png.8dd879caa59211e6a95d1f6063267410.png

I took off work tomorrow to give them their inaugural run. It's too bad I can't test them on a true mountain. If only I had some kind of pass... you know, from a buddy, or something...

Thanks for all of the help guys. I'll keep you posted on what I ultimately decide. Greatly appreciate all of your help and guidance

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is great!!!!

Nah, that's sad. He's finished. No more one of a kind Elons. No more hunting for the best skis of his life. Now he's doomed to a boring winter of skiing on the same last season RTMs that nevertheless have to be religiously chained every time he has to go to a restroom.

• Haha 1

Just now, eaf said:

Nah, that's sad. He's finished. No more one of a kind Elons. No more hunting for the best skis of his life. Now he's doomed to a boring winter of skiing on the same last season RTMs that nevertheless have to be religiously chained every time he has to go to a restroom.

Oh no. You just killed by stoke. These skis don't have 3D Glass like the 2018 model so I guess I'm done for.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Oh no. You just killed by stoke. These skis don't have 3D Glass like the 2018 model so I guess I'm done for.

What 3D Glass? That's old news. You missed the part how Kastles were pronounced as the Cadillacs of skis. So now it's LX vs MX dilemma. Oh wait, that's not for you. You're done for ;)

39 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I told Steeze that a major announcement was pending. So here it is. The moment you've (i.e. Steeze) have all been waiting for.................

image.png.8dd879caa59211e6a95d1f6063267410.png

I took off work tomorrow to give them their inaugural run. It's too bad I can't test them on a true mountain. If only I had some kind of pass... you know, from a buddy, or something...

Thanks for all of the help guys. I'll keep you posted on what I ultimately decide. Greatly appreciate all of your help and guidance

This is why people have an issue with you. 

Buy the fuckin skis and post an actual pic.

you are literally trolling yourself right now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Shadows said:

This is why people have an issue with you. 

Buy the fuckin skis and post an actual pic.

you are literally trolling yourself right now

Lol, ok? I swear to God I bought the skis. There's a picture. What more proof do you want? Suggest any method and I'll prove it.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I checked to see if there's a "scared" face and there isn't one.

170 length.

I find it interesting how you on one hand remember what and how many people have said here, keep on asking quite often very naively for all sorts of advice, and on another filtered out all of that and came up with something to the contrary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

I find it interesting how you on one hand remember what and how many people have said here, keep on asking quite often very naively for all sorts of advice, and on another filtered out all of that and came up with something to the contrary.

I'm posting definitive proof in a minute, but I am seriously and honestly confused by this. Which part did I filter out and go with something to the contrary?

This is the exact ski length and width I demoed and liked and took the advice of posters on here first and foremost, as well as the demo center professionals and ski shop that I purchased them from. The internet says that 170 length is an acceptable length for someone who is 6 foot.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This is the exact ski length and width I demoed and liked and took the advice of posters on here first and foremost, as well as the demo center professionals and ski shop that I purchased them from. The internet says that 170 length is an acceptable length for someone who is 6 foot.

Who said 170 was right for you?

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nope, I am quoting myself because that's what I posted I demoed and no one said anything that I recall. Honestly I don't know what I did to the contrary.

You posted what you demoed, but demos are usually limited in size, so that's hardly an indication of anything. Then you were advised to buy something longer and wider, and you said that you could get the same from the local shop. So seeing 170 again was kind of surprising.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think for those skis 170s are fine..they have an aggressive sidecut..SandyAnus I suggest you invest in body armour and a full face helmet 

Thanks Steeze. Shadows practically ruined my stoke level. I loved the ones I demoed and these are the exact same specifications. I bought both my Elans and RTMs from the same exact shop, a reputable dealer, and they would have never sold me 170's if they thought they were wrong for me. Otherwise if you guys think it's that big of a deal I can go argue with the guy and demand a refund.