Ski Selection Thread

saltyant

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

This purchase is such a fucking disappointment.

In other news unrelated to eaf’s and SaltAss’ short skis, I’m ripping my 191cm Head Cyclic 115s at Blue today and they are fantastic on the groomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i saw you on those today.  You looked great!!!  whirlybirds and everything!!!

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Someone who never tried delicious deserts at Blue has no rights calling others a gaper. Plus be careful on the lifts out there. I heard some people here like Enforcers 93-100 a lot.

Tried them.  they suck.  too wide.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

AND HE HAND FLEXED THEM.

3 hours ago, GSSucks said:

Hand flexing is bullshit 

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

Whats wrong with fucking hand flexing?

I’ve been hand flexing my monster(s) every day. A few days I hand flexed twice in one day. Can wait for the mounting. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eaf said:

On a circus mountain... Would that be a gaper squared? On the other hand whom am I kidding? When a 100 is wider than a 115 you can just use a PRNG to generate advice.

Good one eaf. You need to come to CB some time so we can ski together. Too bad you missed opening day or you could have had some hot cocoa and sugar cookies with Ski2Live and myself.

• 1 year later...
Just now, saltyant said:

Bumped for stoke.

Buckmans wants $71 for a full tune, and that includes a $10 upcharge to have them back in 3 days. That's highway robbery! I'll go to Blue or Stowe for a tune, I just called Blue and they can have them ready for Saturday morning. Sick bird. 

Back in 3 days for a tune?! 

I dropped off skis for a remount yesterday (not buckmans) and was told they’ll be ready Tuesday morning. They just called me and said they were done. I’m no expert but mount takes longer than tune. 

Bumped for stoke.
Buckmans wants $71 for a full tune, and that includes a $10 upcharge to have them back in 3 days. That's highway robbery! I'll go to Blue or Stowe for a tune, I just called Blue and they can have them ready for Saturday morning. Sick bird. 

I think it’s only $55 or so at blue plus 10% off. You have a pass, right?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Bumped for stoke.

Have blue tune them.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Back in 3 days for a tune?! 

I dropped off skis for a remount yesterday (not buckmans) and was told they’ll be ready Tuesday morning. They just called me and said they were done. I’m no expert but mount takes longer than tune. 

Yep. I just called Blue and was promised next day turnaround. Thought Buckmans would be more convenient but when the guy told me $10 extra just to have them back in less than a week, I said fudge that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Bumped for stoke.

We told you that on Sunday, dummy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Buckmans usually has a good deal on pre season tune for like $35. That would normally be about a 3 week turnaround. Buckmans and speedy service dont go together. 

I was surprised that it's more expensive to get a tune in suburban Philadelphia than at a ski resort shop, but down here is where the big money is.