PA Freestyle Day?

EdBacon

Just throwing out the idea. 

Anyone ever follow the Ski the East Freeride Tour? I don't know if they still do it but a few years back they used to hold events where you'd just send it one some of the steeper/sketchier runs in VT. I think they used to do Castlerock and Jay Peak Face Chutes as well as Black Magic at Magic Mtn. Always looked like a ton of fun and I wondered if there was any interest on these boards to organize something similar. Unofficially, of course. Maybe pick a few of the more interesting/difficult runs in the area and pick a day and have a meet up and just have fun with it. Maybe somebody can bring a bluetooth speaker and the prize can be a case of good beer. I dunno, just a thought. Anyway, looked like a lot of fun and I figured it could be a cool way to organize something in case that sounded appealing to anybody. I know most guys here seem to already know one another and ride together so I hope I'm not butting in. 

Here's a video for an idea, obviously would not be unofficial and not organized unless somebody actually is interested in putting something together. I'd be all ears:

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 2

I'd actually like to see someone really style the dual-slalom mtb course underneath the 6-pack chair at Blue. I think people assume those are ski features then they get in there and are all "wtf am I supposed to do with this...berm?" But a good freestyle skier could make that look rad. 

• Like 1

I'd actually like to see someone really style the dual-slalom mtb course underneath the 6-pack chair at Blue. I think people assume those are ski features then they get in there and are all "wtf am I supposed to do with this...berm?" But a good freestyle skier could make that look rad. 

I was just thinking the same thing recently. They create tracks like that at a lot of mountains and it’s bad ass!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

The marquee route under the 6 pack is not enough pitch. Before the bike features were added you could easily straight line that and now it just looks herky jerky. 

I have zero east coast pride. A freeride competition belongs at a western or European mountain with some for real pitch. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

There will be no competition, but to say that one doesn’t belong on the east coast is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinion...the video posted by Ed bacon is like 4% as exciting as the big mountain freeski competitions where wrong moves have dire consequences. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He doesn't drink anything stronger than Pepsi 

I'll have an alcoholic cider or hard lemonade every few years to celebrate a special occaision, such as winning a freestyle competition. So either of those are fine.

By the way, uploaded my stats and I'm in first place for vert and runs, so winning this competition is pretty much guaranteed. If anyone wants to audit my stats I have Ski Tracks gpx files as 100% proof.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SallyCat said:

We ran the 6-pack line last year after a bit of snow late last year, but they didn't have the new bike path on it yet.
The bases of my TigerSnakes have the gouges to prove it.

The only technical thing about it was avoiding the tiny little trees that grabbed your skis and trying to avoid the rocks.

Edited by indiggio

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

I'll have an alcoholic cider or hard lemonade every few years to celebrate a special occaision, such as winning a freestyle competition. So either of those are fine.

By the way, uploaded my stats and I'm in first place for vert and runs, so winning this competition is pretty much guaranteed. If anyone wants to audit my stats I have Ski Tracks gpx files as 100% proof.

Congrats check my stats from 2006-07..that's the last time I cared about how many runs I skied.  I only care about days now and not that much. My really old stats from the late 90s are on notebook paper in a bin with my old report cards. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

We ran the 6-pack line last year after a bit of snow late last year, but they didn't have the new bike path on it yet.
The bases of my TigerSnakes have the gouges to prove it.

The only technical thing about it was avoiding the tiny little trees that grabbed your skis and trying to avoid the rocks.

The bike path ruined the marquee route

• Like 1