Chamwow!

GSSucks

Hit up Les Grand today, delayed start due to a lot of wind at elevation. The guide recommended we stop for coffee on the way there to let things open up. We got on snow around 9:45 when the lifts opened. Had a few really good runs but I have no idea how much snow we actually got because it was so windy. The guide showed us to a magical forest that was blocked from wind and it was really good. They ended up closing the mountain around 2 because of wind and evacuated everyone off from mid station. We all got towed by a sled back to the other side of the resort since the lifts were not spinning where we were stuck and skied down from there. Hit up a real fun zone on the way back to the base and as we got lower in elevation the snow got wetter and heavier with every turn. It’s raining currently in town so hopefully the snow line is not too high and we will get more good turns tomorrow! I didn’t take many pictures today maybe justo will post some. 86201a6849bf4d4ffa12d4cc1c823383.jpg4ac8f50bfc32e3aa041af88ed7a85a93.jpg
Everyone waiting to load the cat for the evacuation
7a719b813bec5366f0ab454fe7393153.jpg
The boys after letting go of the rope from the tow behind the sled
a10948395d8fba4210cfc363b16678ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

anyway, props to GSSucks and Justo for ripping it out there. riding europe would be amazing

It’s real deal, absolutely mind blowing. The resorts are unlike anything I’ve ever seen, they are massive and it is super easy to get around town and from resort to resort. The cheese and wine is pretty amazing as well. Highly recommend to anyone that can swing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

It’s real deal, absolutely mind blowing. The resorts are unlike anything I’ve ever seen, they are massive and it is super easy to get around town and from resort to resort. The cheese and wine is pretty amazing as well. Highly recommend to anyone that can swing it.

Yeah, it's like you get to a completely different world after making the initial ascent. There are lifts and restaurants sprinkled all over the slopes, but you rarely have to go down to the villages' level. All day long you just roam on the huge map trying to memorize your way back and checking time periodically. Because if you make the wrong turn or don't make it to the initial point before the closing, you'll be in the wrong village, and then let's hope there is a bus system there.