Blue Mountain Death

toast21602

I mainly wear one to hopefully reduce the amount of head trauma when falling sideways and contacting the slope, not for high-speed impact into a tree.

Also, when tree skiing, getting smacked by a good size branch doesn't hurt when it hits the helmet, but I'm sure it would if I wasn't wearing one.

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

I do it all summer long.

If I go on the ski slope, at least I will have been doing something I enjoyed up until the bitter end.

I'm not that concerned about death as long as it's instant...I feel bad for those that have a long slow death from cancer or something. My office managers 22 year old cousin died Sunday of the flu..that sort of thing is scary.  

• Sad 1

Just now, indiggio said:

I mainly wear one to hopefully reduce the amount of head trauma when falling sideways and contacting the slope, not for high-speed impact into a tree.

Also, when tree skiing, getting smacked by a good size branch doesn't hurt when it hits the helmet, but I'm sure it would if I wasn't wearing one.

True back in college when I didn't wear a helmet I had tree branches pick my hat right off of my head.  

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

True back in college when I didn't wear a helmet I had tree branches pick my hat right off of my head.  

I've smacked branches hard enough to crack the lenses in my goggles. 

I wouldn't think of venturing into the woods without either goggles and helmet.

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

That totally sucks!

It hit her really hard...he went to the hospital for thermaflu or Tamaflu on Friday and died at home Sunday.  He lived with his dad, her uncle and he heard a thud and he collapsed.  Plus right now his dad has the flu which he got from his son.  Crazy and sad. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It hit her really hard...he went to the hospital for thermaflu or Tamaflu on Friday and died at home Sunday.  He lived with his dad, her uncle and he heard a thud and he collapsed.  Plus right now his dad has the flu which he got from his son.  Crazy and sad. 

the flu is no joke.

45 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Same. Couple of years ago I spent three months in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Neurology ICU watching a family member recover from a traumatic brain injury from falling off a step ladder. Ditched my then-current helmet and got one with MIPS in it.

I'm on the MIPS bandwagon too.  Biking and skiing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotcha. I have my first and only helmet from 12 years ago..I've never fallen on my head so far.  Actually just one fall so far in 31 days out but I'm sure I'll fall once or twice in Jackson hole.  

dont helmets have a max life of like 10 years?

13 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Less than that. I’m not the expert on polymers but my gut tells me it’s more like 3-5. 

Root is right. Maybe I'll look at helmets tomorrow at buckmans.  I need more ski socks 

i wonder if they still sell the Giro Fuse..I was told by Johnny Law no pink or purple helmets as that's his thing. 

I was just thinking about the stickers. I'm not big on replacing things. I've had the same desk chair since 2004 and my dad was saying it needs to be replaced because it's worn out and I said maybe in a few years lol. 

I'm the same way. I have a pair of shoes I wear to work that I've had since 9th grade (I'm 37). I'm not very big into fancy shit and status symbols. Would rather spend my money on travel, beer and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

they have released more info on the incident

53 year old man from philadelphia. apparently he had fallen and a skier ran into him. it was ruled an accident.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/poconos-coal/man-dies-of-blunt-force-trauma-in-skiing-accident/689971701

Edited by guitar73