Catskills - Poconos Analogous Mountains

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Blue is to the Poconos as Hunter is to the Catskills

(Most crowded, biggest vertical, closest to a big city)

Camelback:Pokes::Windham:Skills

(Fancier facilities, slightly less vertical, a bit more spread out)

Montage:Pokes::Belleayre:Skills (but upside down)

(Lodge at midpoint with tough stuff in one direction and easy stuff in other, regularly leaves much of harder terrain ungroomed). This comparison likely thrown off by Gondola, but I haven't been there since it opened. 

Elk:Pokes::Plattekill:Skille

(Further than everywhere else with no fast lifts and ancient facilities and some of the toughest terrain). But for this analogy to really work Elk would have to open up its trees.

Thoughts?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is blue..it’s nothing like any of the catskill mountains.  Ski2Live is Antman cause one is from New Jersey and one looks like he’s from New Jersey. 

It's a given that all Pokes mts basically suck compared to all Skills mts which basically suck compared to all VT mts which basically suck compared to all CO mts which basically suck compared to all UT mts, which basically suck compared to the Alps, and that if you are from PA/NJ those are really the places worth considering skiing unless you have to be somewhere else for some reason.

But that misses the point of the thread

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It's a given that all Pokes mts basically suck compared to all Skills mts which basically suck compared to all VT mts which basically suck compared to all CO mts which basically suck compared to all UT mts, which basically suck compared to the Alps, and that if you are from PA/NJ those are really the places worth considering skiing unless you have to be somewhere else for some reason.

But that misses the point of the thread

Can you take a break from posting for a few days??

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

platty is nothing like elk - i cant think of a single similarity in terrain, policy, grooming, vibe, etc, etc, etc

they both have fixed grip lifts though

The question is whether there is another PA mt that is more similar to Plattekill

29 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

How are we supposed to play your game when every time we take a guess we're met with a response like the above? Well guess what mister. I'm done playing your analogus game!

The title set forth the parameters were Poconos to Catskills, though admittedly I stretched it to NEPA.

As to where I am from, that has nothing to do with the game, but I do correct folks about where I am from. While I have lived in 4 different states and presently live in NJ, my first 23 years were in PA so that will always be where I am from.

What is everybody's favorite type of deciduous tree? I really like the Tulip Poplar trees because of the leaf shape and how most of the time they will look tulip shaped, but also sometime you may have one of the sides missing that looks like a mitten. My next favorite would probably be Ginkgo trees because there leaves are so unique with their fan shape and tiny striations. Plus, they typically turn a beautiful yellow color in the fall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1