Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GrilledSteezeSandwich

1/10/19...smell of waffles..lights cannons and whistles.

Recommended Posts

Hey All,

 

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 630 in the PM and it was in the upper 20s with the snowmaking cannons blasting on at least 6 runs including Razors, Challenge, Lower Park, Paradise, Widowmaker and random spots.  In the house were Indiggio, Antman and SaltyAnt along with 20+ buses.  

 

First run was lazy mile to the falls..lazy wasn’t that crazy and the falls was slick..homestretch was so busy it was insane and the sugar was deep but kind of fun and I got air off a few of the rollers..woo.  Main Street was blown smooth on the top half..semi edgeable hardpack upper and some light sugar on the bottom.  Paradise was alright and it as busy possibly due to wet guns going on the lower section. 

 

On the second run on paradise SP3000 was out in full force and I got whistled at on first corner and second corner I got whistled at and even at a ski patroller not on skis charge towards me..it was as exhilarating as the smell of waffles and teen spirit in the air.  

 

I ended up skiing 8 runs in about an hour and a half then went to the lot and had a beer with Indiggio.  Wasn’t great conditions wasn’t bad..was ok..a nice little ski fix to hold me over until the weekend.  

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I sometimes walk past the Cinnabon shop at the mall just to get a sniff. 

That smell reminds me of Orange Julius that use to be next door back in the day. Miss that place and I’ve never seen another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went expecting it to be icy, windy and cold. This was confirmed after 2 runs and I just took it casual the rest of the night.

Saw some kids getting their tickets clipped? on paradise. Same run, 150 yards down 3 kids are getting called outta the trees for presumably smoking, idk what else they'd being up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’ve never bought a waffle from there.  Probably never will.  


It's on me next time we're both there and the Haus is open. Mute too.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also skied lower come around to midway once and lower come around was a honk yard with one mini Booter that has seen better days near the end..on midway the snow was alright some kid had a yard sale and I grabbed the poles in one fell swoop brought em 30 yards down..chucked them at kid and kept going as Indiggio flew down an apparently icy falls. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight was pretty sick. Skied all of Ski2Live's favorite runs, Main St, Paradise and the Lazy Mile to Falls. Tried Burma and it was atrocious, like just like the real Burma March. Then met up with the 2 best skiers on the mountain, Grilled Steeze and Indiggio, and they let me get a head start (Steeze read the entire book "War and Peace" beforehand) on the Laziest of Miles and passed me like literal human blurs. It was pretty insane, they are damn good skiers. It was crowded earlier but cleared out by 9 pm and I had the whole mountain to myself. Didnt even try to turn on the Falls because I think it was 100% ice is nice, so just went down straight full speed ahead. Homestretch sucked J.A.D.I.P.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve never bought a waffle from there.  Probably never will.  

I try to get one a season just to satiate myself because of the aroma.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I also skied lower come around to midway once and lower come around was a honk yard with one mini Booter that has seen better days near the end..on midway the snow was alright some kid had a yard sale and I grabbed the poles in one fell swoop brought em 30 yards down..chucked them at kid and kept going as Indiggio flew down an apparently icy falls. 

chute (falls was icy too from MBR's urea)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On the second run on paradise SP3000 was out in full force and I got whistled at on first corner and second corner I got whistled at and even at a ski patroller not on skis charge towards me..it was as exhilarating as the smell of waffles and teen spirit in the air.  

That had to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen at Blue, a patroller running out of the last corner to get right in front of GSS to try to stop him!
It was all I could do to stop laughing, as I could just see in my mind GSS running into the guy and taking him out. 
The patroller and GSS went left, I went around to the right and chuckled the rest of the way to the 6.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mute1080 said:


That smell reminds me of Orange Julius that use to be next door back in the day. Miss that place and I’ve never seen another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few Orange Julius locations left. If I wasn’t headed to work I’d search on google for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, antman12 said:

Went expecting it to be icy, windy and cold. This was confirmed after 2 runs and I just took it casual the rest of the night.

Saw some kids getting their tickets clipped? on paradise. Same run, 150 yards down 3 kids are getting called outta the trees for presumably smoking, idk what else they'd being up there.

Nothing more magical than middle School kids smoking their first cigs on a ski club trip when the wind is 30 mph and none of them know how to use a lighter lol..we can only hope Matt edge came to their assistance and let them borrow his fancy windproof lighter that the explorers used on the North Pole. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

what is up with ski patrol being such assholes this year?  alot of people on this site have gotten yelled at this year for doing nothing wrong

New head of sp I think...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Correct and I heard they no longer have the Thursday night circle jerk so they need to get out their aggressions in other ways. 

That's a shame.  Such a longstanding tradition they had going at the top of the Main St. lift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limited terrain isn’t helping either. We wouldn’t be on paradise as much if NM/DW and Razors was open. Hopefully soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we were up there for the first adult race clinic session of the year. arrive at the upper lot a shade after 5:30 PM in order to get our passes and ski a few warmup laps before meeting the class up at the racing office. we also noticed how douchey SP was being. I had some words with one of them who was parked at the first turn on paradise. he was yelling at kids who were objectively in control and were not going fast at all (in fact she was slowing down when she got yelled at by SP). SP should have been on main street where chute ties in. that place is such a cluster-f. smh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guitar73 said:

we were up there for the first adult race clinic session of the year. arrive at the upper lot a shade after 5:30 PM in order to get our passes and ski a few warmup laps before meeting the class up at the racing office. we also noticed how douchey SP was being. I had some words with one of them who was parked at the first turn on paradise. he was yelling at kids who were objectively in control and were not going fast at all (in fact she was slowing down when she got yelled at by SP). SP should have been on main street where chute ties in. that place is such a cluster-f. smh....

Welcome back haven’t seen you on the slopes yet this season..I’m guessing you’ve been at montage a lot or traveling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Welcome back haven’t seen you on the slopes yet this season..I’m guessing you’ve been at montage a lot or traveling. 

yeah, weekends we've been hitting up montage. last nite was our first nite at blue. I've just been pretty silent on all platforms lately...work and stuff going on. I see you found the Ski the East FB group ;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×