PASR Does Jackson: Round 2 (ding ding ding)

toast21602

I’ve only skied snow king once for two hours when JH closed early due to high winds.  I also one time walked over there at night and drank in the bar and met some girls there for a seminar.  Ended up riding in their party bus back to the silver dollar bar then going to town square tavern playing poker then leaving with an almost full beer and getting stopped by Jackson police for open container. 

6 hours ago, indiggio said:

I not believe it, one second you’re there, the next you’re around the corner and guy above said he’s good.  I had your back! 😉

Spectacular!

Thank goodness your weren’t like this guy shortly after... Note where his skis are!

EE3A3454-3168-4BBF-97DE-33DE5A8B1324.thumb.jpeg.d750ab06ad0a733486543914343ddcfb.jpeg

I see the skis, where’s the skier?

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

That’s a long, steep walk in ski boots. I can’t imagine skiing down that, let alone stopping and picking something up. 

It’s so steep you’ll be climbing up on your hands and knees..I’m sure he got the skis somehow but by the time you’re back into your skis and get your bearings your skiing will suffer because it’s so mental.  The highs and lows of being a skier.  This guy went heli skiing and was hit by a snow snake..insane 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, indiggio said:

I not believe it, one second you’re there, the next you’re around the corner and guy above said he’s good.  I had your back! 😉

Spectacular!

Thank goodness your weren’t like this guy shortly after... Note where his skis are

Read it five times and still not sure I understand what happened there. 

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

That’s a long, steep walk in ski boots. I can’t imagine skiing down that, let alone stopping and picking something up. 

It’s not only that, try walking up in knee-deep powder!  If you’ve never tried wali g in that deep snow, it’s practically impossible.

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

It’s not only that, try walking up in knee-deep powder!  If you’ve never tried wali g in that deep snow, it’s practically impossible.

When I had my mega wipeout on Amphitheater I had no idea where my ski was for about a minute..it was 200 yards up in the gully that’s skiers left of amphitheater there’s a rope between the two runs..it was almost like when you play golf and your ball ends up on another hole.  It’s amazing how terrible ski boots are for deep snow travel once you get out of your skis.  Back when I used to take safety breaks at Jackson hole I sometimes would take off skis in the woods and relax and getting back into skis is a chore..when one leg is a foot and a half higher than other.  

• Like 1

Home, waiting for my bag. Comp’d 2 scotches JAC to ORD and another to ABE. Must have been my lucky day. Awesome trip, especially seeing the other PASR’s out there and Toast hitting Corbet’s. Back to reality tomorrow. Couple photos of the way home.

85b78b1c7be10d9e614a840cef1e6c21.jpg
ee1c42ebdf69935f92495fe13b6bf5da.jpg
c4e18e85f6a425d6d778c46a9b0e4b08.jpg
Lady sleeping at the sushi bar at O’Hare
0b5e94e65436deb81707a3065303079d.jpg
c054b4b5deec26d407a7c5af371472a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I had my mega wipeout on Amphitheater I had no idea where my ski was for about a minute..it was 200 yards up in the gully that’s skiers left of amphitheater there’s a rope between the two runs..it was almost like when you play golf and your ball ends up on another hole.  It’s amazing how terrible ski boots are for deep snow travel once you get out of your skis.  Back when I used to take safety breaks at Jackson hole I sometimes would take off skis in the woods and relax and getting back into skis is a chore..when one leg is a foot and a half higher than other.  

Have to know the trick to putting on skis in deep powder!