Trip Report - 3/4/2019 (PASR Day)

saltyant

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes or be open Monday. The problem is that the forecast is warm no late March or early April snowstorm like last year. Anyway being open from Root Friday until March 31 is solid to me and this wasn’t a very snowy winter and on cold in spurts. 

it has been a great season, especially with the mild winter.  blue has been great this year, just kills me to see them close with so much snow and other PA mountains still open.  im planning on my last day of the season being sunday the 14th.  that would make a 5 month long season for me which is great

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

it has been a great season, especially with the mild winter.  blue has been great this year, just kills me to see them close with so much snow and other PA mountains still open.  im planning on my last day of the season being sunday the 14th.  that would make a 5 month long season for me which is great

Nice my last ski day in Colorado is 4/21 and Atomic Jeff is talking about a killington trip in May. 

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Camelback giving a free lift ticket this weekend to anyone with a pass to another mountain 

Nice, kids have not been to Camelback much at all. Will take them there Saturday. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Salty, this is Da Chance!! Let's close the season with fanfares on the mountain that can be Epic w/o Vail's help!

Let's face it, the light of Blue is dimming. Closing in March, a ghost town already. People are fleeing in all directions. Some are finding new places with glades not covered with ice and untracked powder not requiring an airline ticket. Others can't bring themselves to buying next year season pass and are washing away the sorrows with fortified beer in Blue's parking lot (while they can).

So, take those trusty 170 RTMs of yours back from storage and come face 70F weather on the mountain, the fun mountain!

20 minutes ago, eaf said:

Salty, this is Da Chance!! Let's close the season with fanfares on the mountain that can be Epic w/o Vail's help!

Let's face it, the light of Blue is dimming. Closing in March, a ghost town already. People are fleeing in all directions. Some are finding new places with glades not covered with ice and untracked powder not requiring an airline ticket. Others can't bring themselves to buying next year season pass and are washing away the sorrows with fortified beer in Blue's parking lot (while they can).

So, take those trusty 170 RTMs of yours back from storage and come face 70F weather on the mountain, the fun mountain!

@saltyant you need to tag Salty to get his attention.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crocker said:

How has the mountain been with the weather being significantly warming? Thinking of making the trip tomorrow before it continues to trend warmer 

My friend was there last weekend. He's saying, no lines at the two expresses, snow was good all over except for the new DD trail showing some brown spots. A few water sogged spots randomly showing up in the afternoon.

2 hours ago, eaf said:

This is great! I'll check my calendar.

6 hours ago, eaf said:

My friend was there last weekend. He's saying, no lines at the two expresses, snow was good all over except for the new DD trail showing some brown spots. A few water sogged spots randomly showing up in the afternoon.

Thanks that’s great to hear, looks like I’ll be headed out there tomorrow bright and early

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m gonna read this thread again later after I vape up..that way I won’t need a trail map Sunday at the camel. 

@GrilledSteezeSandwich This is great! I'll make a model of PASRs going down Razor's Edge for next season using taxidermied squirrels in order of fastest to slowest. Should JohnnyLaw or Atomic be in first place??

20190513_173901.thumb.jpg.83da159f974e191300f2ef16468ac9d9.jpg

Edited by saltyant

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich This is great! I'll make a model of PASRs going down Razor's Edge for next season using taxidermied squirrels in order of fastest to slowest. Should JohnnyLaw or Atomic be in first place??

20190513_173901.thumb.jpg.83da159f974e191300f2ef16468ac9d9.jpg

Depends which run..if switchback me..Razors and Nightmare Dream Weaver Atomic Jeff and put Root ahead in Homestretch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Depends which run..if switchback me..Razors and Nightmare Dream Weaver Atomic Jeff and put Root ahead in Homestretch. 

Thanks, since it will be Razor's then Atomic will be first. I'll also do a model of the Challenge Express lift with me you and Atomic sitting together.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, since it will be Razor's then Atomic will be first. I'll also do a model of the Challenge Express lift with me you and Atomic sitting together.

You need a figure double the size of everyone else to represent Doug. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1