friday storm...all rain, or some snow?....

tnt

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Ski2live the more you post the more I want to play a guitar. Do you plan any other instruments? 

I also play keys, but prefer playing guitar so I find others to play it with the band when we use keys. I do write some stuff on piano. Also play a little ukulele (live and on the CD) and percussion (on the CD) and mandolin (never with band).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I also play keys, but prefer playing guitar so I find others to play it with the band when we use keys. I do write some stuff on piano. Also play a little ukulele (live and on the CD) and percussion (on the CD) and mandolin (never with band).

Awesome. Did you take lessons or self taught?

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Awesome. Did you take lessons or self taught?

Pretty much self taught. I took a year of guitar lessons at a local music store to learn the basics and am an entirely self taught on everything else. Oddly my parents strongly pressured both my sisters to take expensive classical lessons on 2 instruments each, which they have not touched in 30 years, while I was the rebel who refused music lessons - and I am the one leading 20 piece ensembles, performing, composing and recording. So I am very skeptical about pressuring kids to take lessons - though mine have seen how much joy I get out of it and have opted for lessons.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pretty much self taught. I took a year of guitar lessons at a local music store to learn the basics and am an entirely self taught on everything else. Oddly my parents strongly pressured both my sisters to take expensive classical lessons on 2 instruments each, which they have not touched in 30 years, while I was the rebel who refused music lessons - and I am the one leading 20 piece ensembles, performing, composing and recording. So I am very skeptical about pressuring kids to take lessons - though mine have seen how much joy I get out of it and have opted for lessons.

Impressive. I think I want to try to learn after I'm done with school and whatnot. I've always wanted to learn guitar or piano. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I beat all the songs on expert on Guitar Hero 3 except Raining Blood... that's pretty much just as impressive as real guitar.

I skied a sick line in Alaska in the game Steep 2. Pretty much the same as actually doing it right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I took electric guitar lessons for two years when I was like 9-10 years old.  I even played the Beatles Yellow Submarine at the fifth grade talent show.  Wasn’t as fun as the year before when I lip synched the Dentist song from little shop of horrors or the following year at camp when I sang Billy’s joels we didn’t start the fire.  I also played violin for a year in school and never went to Band camp although I wish I did cause those band chicks were freaks..especially those that played Wind instruments like flutes. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I took electric guitar lessons for two years when I was like 9-10 years old.  I even played the Beatles Yellow Submarine at the fifth grade talent show.  Wasn’t as fun as the year before when I lip synched the Dentist song from little shop of horrors or the following year at camp when I sang Billy’s joels we didn’t start the fire.  I also played violin for a year in school and never went to Band camp although I wish I did cause those band chicks were freaks..especially those that played Wind instruments like flutes. 

I heard you play the skin flute.