Would ya believe what Cameltoe has now???

indiggio

36 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Make the same amount of money flying around trails as you do seeding bumps and building parks. Ones easier.

The proper way to seed them is far easier and faster than the dredging they’ve been doing too.

Edited by indiggio

15 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

If you can't seed them just do nothing. Let the bump guys work the left side of main and they'll figure it out. 

Literally all blue has to do is nothing

This is funny, since Blue is sort of good at doing nothing. 

Its been said before, let chute bump up. Its a nothing trail, and without having to groom that they could focus more time on getting everything else better. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

This is funny, since Blue is sort of good at doing nothing. 

Its been said before, let chute bump up. Its a nothing trail, and without having to groom that they could focus more time on getting everything else better. 

I would love if they let Chute bump up. Kind of like White Lightening at Montage, but shorter and less steep.

If you can't seed them just do nothing. Let the bump guys work the left side of main and they'll figure it out. 
Literally all blue has to do is nothing

When it’s warm we do. But you can’t ski in bumps on Blue’s pavement on cold days. That said, since this “winter” is pretty weak - yeah to your comment. Except right side cause that is where they should be

2 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

When it’s warm we do. But you can’t ski in bumps on Blue’s pavement on cold days. That said, since this “winter” is pretty weak - yeah to your comment. Except right side cause that is where they should be

Why the right? Don't they get less sun there? 

Why the right? Don't they get less sun there? 

Afternoon sun still on them when snow is at its softest. They used to be right when I started at blue 08/09. Can’t recall when they switched sides cause I was not a bumper then (Doug?). But basically they switched to act as speed control for for folks coming off of chute/midway
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Afternoon sun still on them when snow is at its softest. They used to be right when I started at blue 08/09. Can’t recall when they switched sides cause I was not a bumper then (Doug?). But basically they switched to act as speed control for for folks coming off of chute/midway

Ah, I thought they moved them so it gets the morning sun to start softening them up. Who knows. 

Yes, all the above comments are spot on!
Gary has offered to help them with their seeding, but has been ignored.

It's good they're trying, but need to take feedback as constructive criticism and at least try to make them better. 
I just think they don't give a fat rat's ass.

Chute can be dangerous when left flat, as people just fly down it and into Main Street.  They should let it go natural and just blow on it to fill in ruts periodically.

Bumps on right side of main get late morning and all afternoon sun and it's also the deepest snow on the trail, since it's naturally pushed over that way, I guess.
It's a nice long run of bump when they're there, but Blue wants Barney's there to help eliminate speeders coming down Main interacting with speeders coming down Chute.

Logic just seems to escape Blue...

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Transcienter said:

How Is Camelback's commitment to bumps this season?  Thinking about getting a pass there next year, but will stick to Blue if Camelback can't be trusted to have at least one trail bumped up on weekends.  Thanks. 

Can't say from personal experience, but Blue made no effort to keep its best groomer/bump seeder on staff and he subsequently went to Camelback and has been seeding bumps there all season.    He was the one that would seed Razor's at Blue when the racing season was done. 

If it weren't for all the other issues I have with Camelback, I'd consider getting a SP there for the bumps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

Can't say from personal experience, but Blue made no effort to keep its best groomer/bump seeder on staff and he subsequently went to Camelback and has been seeding bumps there all season.    He was the one that would seed Razor's at Blue when the racing season was done. 

If it weren't for all the other issues I have with Camelback, I'd consider getting a SP there for the bumps.

What other issues do you have with camelback?  From where you live I bet the camel is only a couple minutes longer drive than Blue. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What other issues do you have with camelback?  From where you live I bet the camel is only a couple minutes longer drive than Blue. 

Pay for parking, prohibited tailgating, annoying mountain speed monitors, trail & lift layout, overall vibe.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How do you like the bumps on Chute?

Only skied the one line the day they seeded them.  The other lines had some BAD sheets of ice that made stopping impossible.
We were having too much fun skiing in the trees off Burma to bother with Chute that day.

I heard they improved substantially the next day or so when it warmed up a little.

5 hours ago, indiggio said:

Pay for parking, prohibited tailgating, annoying mountain speed monitors, trail & lift layout, overall vibe.

Pay for parking is ridiculous and one reason I won't go night skiing there, even though I used to have a blast night skiing at CB. But at the same time, a season pass at CB includes free parking so I wouldn't hold that against them when comparing passes.

Prohibited tailgating automatically disqualified PASR hangouts, but if it was just me I wouldn't care since I can sit by my Sonic and drink a Root Beer.

I don't ski fast enough to get a speeding ticket. Have never seen ski patrol harassing people over speed in my time there.

I actually like the layout of the mountain even though it has slightly less vert than Blue... unpopular opinion but I also like mountains that ski wide, not just with a lot of vert.

I don't get what you mean by "overall vibe"... :dunno

Edited by saltyant

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A few years ago camelback has a seeded mogul run on one of their lower slopes and they were so easy even Salty would look like Johnny Mosely in them.  You could just straight run them. No speed control needed.  

The bumps on X-ing were rad. I skied them like Johnny Mosely like in my Haters video