Wednesday AM roll call..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well to fucking bad..I want perfect grooming and a model girlfriend but you can’t always get what you want. 

At Blue, what BMR wants is typically what everyone gets...  No Razor's, No Widowmaker, No NM/DW.

Edited by indiggio

I’ll just write my report here since this is already an active thread.  

I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was 37 degrees under sunny sky’s.  In the house were Rodney, Fritz, Terry, Drew, BenM, Justo, Rose and a small amount of others. 

First run on Challenge it was firm but not bad..sidewinder was similar conditions and paradise had really shitty grooming with lots of cookies.  Switchback has great grooming and Barney’s bumps were groomed out with lower Main Street cookies central. 

I skied with Drew my whole session..good lift conversation with him and random people who joined our six pack. No liftlines at all but most chairs had people on them.  Quad was not running just the six pack.  

I seemed to ski challenge and sidewinder the most as they were both mainly in the sun...only got one real clean run on Switchback as it seemed like a ski school group was on that run most times.  Skied until 11:10am I believe 15 runs..never really got to spring conditions although now with the beating sun on all the runs it could potentially corn up.  All in all better than work although I did just take a work..seems like the one dealer I gave my cell phone number to really abuses it..all good in my hood.  I have some pretzels and cheese and beer to consume work on my tan errrr red for a little before I go back to the A for a nap.  JADIP!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll just write my report here since this is already an active thread.  

I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was 37 degrees under sunny sky’s.  In the house were Rodney, Fritz, Terry, Drew, BenM, Justo, Rose and a small amount of others. 

First run on Challenge it was firm but not bad..sidewinder was similar conditions and paradise had really shitty grooming with lots of cookies.  Switchback has great grooming and Barney’s bumps were groomed out with lower Main Street cookies central. 

I skied with Drew my whole session..good lift conversation with him and random people who joined our six pack. No liftlines at all but most chairs had people on them.  Quad was not running just the six pack.  

I seemed to ski challenge and sidewinder the most as they were both mainly in the sun...only got one real clean run on Switchback as it seemed like a ski school group was on that run most times.  Skied until 11:10am I believe 15 runs..never really got to spring conditions although now with the beating sun on all the runs it could potentially corn up.  All in all better than work although I did just take a work..seems like the one dealer I gave my cell phone number to really abuses it..all good in my hood.  I have some pretzels and cheese and beer to consume work on my tan errrr red for a little before I go back to the A for a nap.  JADIP!!!

TFTI

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich How was your nap? I'm hella jelly, my nap isn't for 197 minutes. That snackpack looks amazing, I might pack one for the plane ride from Nork.

Not even at that point yet...might have to sneak a quick karaoke rehearsal in quick followed by a hot toddy. 

Salty I have a lot of stories about Nork..aka the brick city aka they have soft pretzels in every terminal. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Everything seem to be in really good shape today. Nightmare Dream Weaver was my favorite today.

They opened up Razors to the public just before I left, and my run down it was marginal. If I were a racer and had my druthers I’d much rather have raced on Challenge than Razors. Challenge was bulletproof like it was water injected.

They were blowing snow like crazy on Razors Friday, and I don’t think there was enough time for the slope to set before the race.

Will be out again tomorrow with my sweetie, probably not at opening though.

• Like 4

First couple runs tonight were good but as soon as the snow hit the shadows during sunset, it froze. Says it’s 37° and real feel is 30°. Razors is closed. Some high school kids tried to get 7 on the lift but got stopped before it even got to them. The liftee let them have it for making the line longer and it was already back to the gates. Ended up lapping the Main St lift a couple times since the 6 pack kept stopping.

Two year old Sculpin bottles are still available at Slopeside if you want to watch a beer fountain. Grabbing a Perpetual and a bite and Mrs Mute is trying to convince me to not go back out. At least with frozen conditions I won’t have to use 4 wheel drive to get out of the mud lot.

• Like 2