Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

21 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I’ve been more cautious than the average American during this pandemic, but snowboarding is way more important than my health.  I won’t play hockey but I’ll absolutely snowboard during a pandemic.  Better to be sick and die on the slopes than sit at home not enjoying the snow 

I had a friend who had a heart attack on the quad at Elk and died. He was 42.... 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

You mention weekdays which reminds me....school groups. If schools aren't offering after school activities (no ski club) that's a massive hit for not just Blue but lots of local hills. I wonder if Blue will even open at all on weeknights if that happens.

As of right now, blue is still planning on having ski clubs. They are making plans on how to deal with it in as safe a way as they can given the current situation.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t see how full buses of kids are gonna come up there. 

That's on the schools, not blue though. My experience is limited to the school I went to and how ski club is handled there. This past year, the number of students didn't warrant a full sized bus, since a lot of parents transported the kids themselves. Possible solution in conjunction with all those kids whose parents already drive them up is rent a full-sized bus which would allow the kids to spread out more? I dunno. I agree with you though, a bus packed with 48 kids seems like a terrible idea. I'm already thinking about how I can structure my ski time to avoid crowds. Weekend lift lines at blue are already a shitshow; I can't imagine how bad it'll be if there are enforced distancing measures in place without limiting the number of people on snow at any one time. And I can only imagine the uproar if they somehow limit season pass holders to certain hours or something to keep crowds down.

• Like 1

Just now, Justo8484 said:

And I can only imagine the uproar if they somehow limit season pass holders to certain hours or something to keep crowds down.

This.  A lot of people, are generally taking precautions during Covid throughout our daily lives. However, I think that could change for certain people when it comes to an activity they are passionate about.  For example, I enjoy playing hockey, but not enough to risk playing right now, but a lot of my teammates said screw it and are taking the risk to play.  When it comes to the slopes, I admit that my precautions start to go out the window.  Not saying this to brag, but it’s the truth.  It’s like if they allowed spectators back at sporting events.  I wouldn’t go to a Phillies or flyers game if it was allowed, but I would probably go to an eagles game.  I know that’s not necessarily the right mindset, but it’s honest at least

I can't see schools having ski clubs at all this year. Odds are they won't have sports so that will mean they won't have clubs as well. 

There won't be any way to socially distance in a lift line. They can say to stay 6 feet apart all they want but the reality is that people will slide forward. Technically they can probably widen the rope lanes after the gate but that's about it. Not to mention if you don't have complete control over your skis you'll likely slide near someone anyway. It'll just come down to how much risk are you willing to take to ski. 

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow that stinks and did he go back around the bullwheel 

His best friend Bobby was on the chair with him. He called SP and was met up top by another personal friend from the SP. Bobby took close to two years before returning to ski. The patroller said it was one of his worst calls.  RIP Glenn...

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, rummy said:

His best friend Bobby was on the chair with him. He called SP and was met up top by another personal friend from the SP. Bobby took close to two years before returning to ski. The patroller said it was one of his worst calls.  RIP Glenn...

Crazy...well he’s always remembered by his friends and family!!!  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Looks like at least 3 Eagles have it.

Football isn’t going to make it this year. The MLB is having this big of an issue and they had what, 40 man rosters including the taxi squad? No way football makes it work with a 52 man roster and all the trainers, etc etc etc.