Jump to content
rummy

Elk Sold

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, trackbiker said:

I find it kind of hard to believe that Kalahari bought it. It doesn't make any sense based on their current businesses. I would think another ski area operator would make more sense. But then I've been wrong plenty of times in the past.

 

I've been thinking the same as I read through all of this. 
What do the owners of Kalahari know about owning/operating a ski resort and why would they want to?
Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me that they'd buy Elk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, indiggio said:

I've been thinking the same as I read through all of this. 
What do the owners of Kalahari know about owning/operating a ski resort and why would they want to?
Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me that they'd buy Elk.

i will agree its odd for them to buy it as a stand alone deal.  

At this point, like Rummy mentioned, it is  a rumor.  But is there enough undeveloped land to build hotel, waterpark, etc?  Kalahari West?  I have always heard Elk and their neighbors like to fight, i cant imagine a hotel and waterpark will go over big with the neighbors.  

i went to kalahari once in April a few years ago for breakfast.  i would have imagined that the middle of April would be sort of a off peak time......place was jammed.  That place is killing it (for now) and from what i saw, its run like a well oiled machine.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been almost two weeks and no mention of this anywhere other than here.  If if were true we should at least expect to hear some of the parties to the transaction crowing about it, press releases to local news media, etc.  In a small community like Susquehanna County property transactions like this simply will not stay secret.

Back in the military days this was called an unsubstantiated rumor, or the more commonly used acronym BS.

Edited by Old Geezer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Old Geezer said:

It's been almost two weeks and no mention of this anywhere other than here.  If if were true we should at least expect to hear some of the parties to the transaction crowing about it, press releases to local news media, etc.  In a small community like Susquehanna County property transactions like this simply will not stay secret.

Back in the military days this was called an unsubstantiated rumor, or the more commonly used acronym BS.

Rummy knows..Old Geezer do you ever ski blue mountain??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Rummy knows..Old Geezer do you ever ski blue mountain??

Perhaps once in the past 15 years.  So no not really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rummy said:

I agree with OG. Probably BS my reliable source is now considered "unreliable".....

Gave us something to talk about other than Covid 19. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rummy said:

I agree with OG. Probably BS my reliable source is now considered "unreliable".....

After rereading through this my intent was not to slam Rummy himself with the bs label. The rumor however ....

This does sound like something that keeps the conversation and the drinks flowing at the local ski bar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem OG, didn't take it as a slam.... I'd like to share a brew or few with you at the Elk watering hole sometime..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elk just announced on their Facebook site, that the Fall Festival is cancelled this year. AND the Kalahari purchase  rumor is just that Fake News.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elk just announced on their Facebook site, that the Fall Festival is cancelled this year. AND the Kalahari purchase  rumor is just that Fake News.....

Doesn't necessarily mean that someone won't be purchasing them though. Perhaps Elk will become Epic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rummy said:

Elk just announced on their Facebook site, that the Fall Festival is cancelled this year. AND the Kalahari purchase  rumor is just that Fake News.....

Obviously the kalahari rumor was bigger than just being discussed here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I won the lottery, I would buy Elk. I’m a huge fan. No better way to waste millions of dollars than to buy a ski area...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

If I won the lottery, I would buy Elk. I’m a huge fan. No better way to waste millions of dollars than to buy a ski area...

One day I’m sure you’ll have millions when you sell all your real estate holdings and then you can buy Elk.  Welcome back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...