Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

And I get all that. But it looks like the days of doing things on a whim are over. I dont like to plan things in advance all the time. Like I dont know what I'm doing this weekend, I thought maybe I'll ski Huntah. But then I saw that you need a pass, but maybe there's another pass. But then it's a moot point anyway because the reservation thingy is full, plus I'm not quarantining for 2 weeks afterwards.

Happy Thanksgiving @RidgeRacer!!!

Most of us aren’t gonna quarentine unless we get corona.  Just stop complaining. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

[mention=264]RidgeRacer[/mention]TFTI. I was referring to PA's rules about quarantining for 14 days after returning 

Day trips to huntah or Belle are less than 24 hours so you're good. Didn't you say you wanted to go to Huntah? If you do a trip for more than 24 hours just get tested when you get home. Problem solved and no quarantine needed (unless you test positive in which case its probably a good thing that you got tested).
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Day trips to huntah or Belle are less than 24 hours so you're good. Didn't you say you wanted to go to Huntah? If you do a trip for more than 24 hours just get tested when you get home. Problem solved and no quarantine needed (unless you test positive in which case its probably a good thing that you got tested).

Maybe a day trip would work then. I might want to stay in a hotel house though but I'm not going if I'm mandated to get a swab shoved up my nose afterward. TFTI

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I’m not getting tested unless I’m exposed to the virus or show symptoms.  

• Confused 1

Gore seems super far for a day trip.  Just stay in a hotel. 

4 and a half from here...per google maps. I can do it in 4 with the Ridgeracer time machine though.

What i meant was...I plan on doing day trips, primarily to Belle. I will get a hotel when I go further north to the Daks. In an absolute worst case scenario though to avoid quarantine... I'd leave here at 5. Ski Gore from 10 to 4. Be home by 9 or 10. It's doable.

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

4 and a half from here...per google maps. I can do it in 4 with the Ridgeracer time machine though.

No speeding allowed!

I dont fully understand the logic of quarantining based on state lines.  So hypothetically I can go to a crowded produce market in Philadelphia and dont need to quarantine, but if I go hiking in the Adirondacks completely by myself and come in contact with no one, I have to quarantine/test??? It should be based on population density or something, not arbitrary lines on a map.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

What i meant was...I plan on doing day trips, primarily to Belle. I will get a hotel when I go further north to the Daks. In an absolute worst case scenario though to avoid quarantine... I'd leave here at 5. Ski Gore from 10 to 4. Be home by 9 or 10. It's doable.

If you decide to actually quarentine. I feel like skiing some out of state resort even if you have to fly there is way safer than being in a bar right now or getting together with family members from outside your household for thanksgiving. Anyway Saltys complaining posts are annoying and bad for stoke.  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

No speeding allowed!

I dont fully understand the logic of quarantining based on state lines.  So hypothetically I can go to a crowded produce market in Philadelphia and dont need to quarantine, but if I go hiking in the Adirondacks completely by myself and come in contact with no one, I have to quarantine/test??? It should be based on population density or something, not arbitrary lines on a map.

Well then become a lawmaker and change the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No speeding allowed!

That I can agree with.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Skiing sounds like such a hassle this year. Pass for this, reservation for that, reservation to park, reservation to pee, quarantine to leave the state, quarantine to enter the state, swabs shoved down your throat to leave the state, super long lift lines, limited gondola capacity on powder days... ugh.

Then don't ski this year......

• Thanks 4

I believe you can may be able to purchase an Epic "Day Pass" and ski Hunter now. Not 100% sure - but worth looking into

Technically correct, but an Epic Day ticket is like $112 or something. No way that’s be hunter’s normal day rate right now with limited terrain. In fact, I don’t think their lift tickets mid season were over $100 last year. The Epic Day makes sense for a place like breck or vail where normal day tickets are pushing $200, but not any of the places in NY or PA, in my opinion. Just means I’m locked out of skiing until December 6th or blue opens, whichever comes first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Technically correct, but an Epic Day ticket is like $112 or something. No way that’s be hunter’s normal day rate right now with limited terrain. In fact, I don’t think their lift tickets mid season were over $100 last year. The Epic Day makes sense for a place like breck or vail where normal day tickets are pushing $200, but not any of the places in NY or PA, in my opinion. Just means I’m locked out of skiing until December 6th or blue opens, whichever comes first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course the other side - given current trends - is skiing could well get shut down for the season in one or more states next week or next month and if you want to get in any at all this winter this could be your chance (PA seems one of the likelier stated to pull this in light of recent measures and trends and the fact that skiing is less crucial to its economy than it is to places like VT). And in that case it would be worth the price to me to have gotten some in.

A key thing I have learned in 2020 - all future plans are tentative. Live each day to its fullest potential as if the options available to you today may be foreclosed by tomorrow.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

51 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I make sure you ski plenty..you’ll have to do some weekday morning sessions with me and BenM at Blue.  

I dunno how long you plan on your sessions being but I only go for an hour and a half max. Could change this year tho, maybe 2.5hr. 

• Like 1