Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

Welp what's it gonna be?

Interestingly I've been approached by a few folks ("Hey you're a skier right?...") wanting to know if they should take advantage of the Blue pass deals since they either don't think winter scholastic sports will happen and if they do, don't feel comfortable with their kid wrestling etc. I think a lot of people/families will be looking to start or resume skiing just like biking and camping this summer.... added demand and restrictions - gonna be a shit show

Temperature checks when entering the queue? One person on the lift at a time? Single file line with all 6 ft apart that stretches out into the lower lot and beyond? Plastic dividers on the slopes? Mandatory hand sanitizer stops every 20 yards?

Edited by saltyant

Masks required indoors. Reduced lodge capacity. Fewer tables. Fewer if any seats at the bars. Emphasis on the patio area at the upper lodge, more tables outside at the lower lodge. Someone will write up a long list of rules and regulations that the touristy folks who come on Presidents Day won't pay attention to. Stickers on the floors inside. Paper signs on the doors. One laminated sign at each lift loading area. 

Parking Lot will have more pee in it since most won't want to go inside, probably less passing of cans of beer. Perhaps a timed ticketing system for Sausage Sunday meat access or a full blown BYO Meat system. 

So many questions to answer, and so many unknowns.  the one thing i am fairly confident of, is that Blue will be an utter shit show.  I think they will tell people to wear masks, and thats about it.  

Will they limit ticket sales?  They should, we all know the place is already overcrowded.  Will there be restrictions on times, even for passholders?  I think most of us here bought an "unlimited pass."  But, its clearly a different year.  I know the early hours benefit the majority, but passholders only from 8-10?  Not saying passholders are limited to those hours only, but there should be some consideration for the majority of the passholders that continue to buy passes year after year.  (and yes, i know that 8-10 is mostly passholders, but still it would cut back)

What goes on in the lodge, isnt relevant to most of us, so i dont care what goes on there.  And for the record, i doubt there will be improvements to the tent like structures they call the valley lodge, or paving of the valley lot.  Give it up.  Only one suggestion there - a walk up window for ski tunes.  

As poorly as this will go over, i think they may need to adjust their opening strategy to get more trails and lifts in play.  

Will more people run to JFBB for less crowded slopes over the better lifts, and terrain?  Who knows.  If Blue isnt to my liking this year with all this, i will likely go find somewhere that i feel more comfortable with.  

Right now, i have no intentions of getting on a plane, and i dont think that will change, so might be some Vermont stuff, but whats going on there?  i keep reading something about 14 day quarantine, maybe thats only if you are coming from FLA?  confusing.  

We could always pool our money and rent Platty.  

• Like 1

maybe sixer separated into three plexiglass sections, quad into two, double chairs they can send up single person or couples. /

corrals for lines or they will be separated single row in an outward direction like / / .^. \ \ .

highspeed chairs will pass through little fogging sanitation station once it comes off of the highspeed track. limited ticket sales.

i dont know why everyone's concerned tho, it'll all be gone nov 4.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not gonna be cool with Matt Edge smoking cigs and blowing snot rockets on every single lift ride.  

If it's cold enough, you should be able to see people's breath and avoid it. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I feel like this season will be more of a quality vs quantity year. If conditions or crowds will suck maybe that's a stay home situation. Will be interesting to see if school groups show up on weeknights.

I’ve never heard of you staying home due to conditions.  Get out whenever you can...you ski mostly weekend mornings and Sunday/weekend nights..crowds won’t matter during those times. There will be a lot less school groups if the pandemic is still going fierce then. 

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I feel like this season will be more of a quality vs quantity year. If conditions or crowds will suck maybe that's a stay home situation. Will be interesting to see if school groups show up on weeknights.

As long as the parking lot situation is good and the skiing is acceptable I'm good.

I'm hoping to do a trip out west next year or maybe even December but that'll depend on what's happening with covid

I’ve never heard of you staying home due to conditions.  Get out whenever you can...you ski mostly weekend mornings and Sunday/weekend nights..crowds won’t matter during those times. There will be a lot less school groups if the pandemic is still going fierce then. 

That my point. When I want to ski I want to ski even if I know there's a freeze thaw, sugar ice type of thing. I usually want to get out add my day into the stats. It may be tough but I think it may be prudent to avoid days that I know will be trash). Maybe it's simply more days away from Blue in exchange for more mid week days somewhere else, perhaps up north, at places where I know I'll be riding the chair alone all day.
  • Like 1