Elk 2020/21 Season

rummy

Elk opening tomorrow.  Wonder how many trails will be open @rummy???

Looks like they got a good dumping from the webcams.

Right now there's a chance of me going to Elk tomorrow. Will continue to contemplate it throughout the day.

I really like going when both sides of the mountain are open, though. Still, gotta take advantage of the weather in case it turns to shit like last season.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

There is nothing posted on website about which trails will be open. Check tomorrow and they'll be posted. We're going up tomorrow morning to open the road to the cabin and take a few runs...

I was told Union Dale had 12-14" ( about 3-4 miles away from Elk)....

3 hours ago, rummy said:

There is nothing posted on website about which trails will be open. Check tomorrow and they'll be posted. We're going up tomorrow morning to open the road to the cabin and take a few runs...

Someone on Facebook wrote:

For Friday.....East, West, Beginners, Tioga and Susquehanna. Possibly Hiawatha, Lackawanna and Tioga Spur.

Edited by saltyant

5 hours ago, rummy said:

NWS says Lenoxville (about 4 miles away opposite direction from Union Dale) recorded 21 ins.  

Check out this NWS link while it's still good (until next weather event), some locations in the NWS forecast territory (Binghampton, NY) clocked in at 41, 42 and 43 ins.  You don't see snow totals like this very often: https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BGM&issuedby=BGM&product=PNS&format=TXT&version=1&glossary=0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Someone on Facebook wrote:

For Friday.....East, West, Beginners, Tioga and Susquehanna. Possibly Hiawatha, Lackawanna and Tioga Spur.

In addition they have been blowing Upper and Lower Tunk and Delaware, so there may be more open T-B....

12/18/20. Opening day.
23° Overcast, No Wind

On mountain around noon after clearing driveway, shoveling decks and gearing up.

No liftlines, ski right on most every time. Only a few not wearing masks. Looked in lodge and only a few people inside

Standard opening day trails open. Beginners, east, west, susquehanna, tioga. In addition lackawanna spur, hiawatha, and Seneca...the natural trail under the C lift.

Surface soft and cut up. Susquehanna was moguled up inconsistently. Seneca was down to grass and dirt in most places.
Poachers were boot deep in natural on Slalom.

Snowmaking on Delaware and Tunk..

Now... "All the rest are Free"6024a783f9bd3beee7cf5b2635e83dae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

48 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Anyone know if there’s a way to buy lift tickets in advance for Elk?  I don’t want to get all the way up there with the family and have them run out due to limited quantities.

I haven't seen anything about limited tickets at Elk. I can't imagine Elk would do that to customers who drive long distances to get there. Now JFBB, on the other hand...

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Anyone know if there’s a way to buy lift tickets in advance for Elk?  I don’t want to get all the way up there with the family and have them run out due to limited quantities.

When are you all heading up? I didn't see anything on their site from 1996, but I would call before heading up just to make sure.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

When are you all heading up? I didn't see anything on their site from 1996, but I would call before heading up just to make sure.

Not until mid January, but was going to buy the tickets for the weekend we had planned in advance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Not until mid January, but was going to buy the tickets for the weekend we had planned in advance. 

This says they will, but its not up and running yet.  they also say they wont be limiting ticket sales.  not sure how thats gonna work out for them, but it will be fun to play along.  

https://www.elkskier.com/covid-19-info/?fbclid=IwAR3cLgej-49FPg1W6ydWSr9Z1fJnimlYdFZHIOlGw68rafHoxuGPAfkNQuA

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

This says they will, but its not up and running yet.  they also say they wont be limiting ticket sales.  not sure how thats gonna work out for them, but it will be fun to play along.  

https://www.elkskier.com/covid-19-info/?fbclid=IwAR3cLgej-49FPg1W6ydWSr9Z1fJnimlYdFZHIOlGw68rafHoxuGPAfkNQuA

Thanks!  Didn’t see that when I was checking it out.  Planning family skiing sucks this year.  Should have just gotten 4 blue passes and called it a day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...