Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How is it compared to Brighton and park city? 

Better. Lower crowds, longer runs, fancier lodges, more gondolas, wider runs, free wifi in lodges, no lines, free water, cool sun logo, and fancier stalls to make toilet

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

❤️ almost everything off that Strawberry gondola. Main Street is usually a good ripper too, and just a tad better than the one at Blue.

100% spot on. I just ripped that run and yelled WOOHOO. So much fun.

I'm going to rent performance skis tomorrow. A shop has Elan Ripsticks 90ish width for $35. I'm not ready to buy skis just yet and that'll do for one day. If I can find Nordica Enforcers for the same price or less I'll rent those

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

100% spot on. I just ripped that run and yelled WOOHOO. So much fun.

I'm going to rent performance skis tomorrow. A shop has Elan Ripsticks 90ish width for $35. I'm not ready to buy skis just yet and that'll do for one day. If I can find Nordica Enforcers for the same price or less I'll rent those

Performance skis sound rad.  Keep us updated. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you get anything to eat there?  I thought everywhere has free water at least tap water. 

They have fancy water dispensers with the sun logo and cups. Everything has the sun logo. It's an odd looking sun too. And hooray the real one is out now.

The John Paul Lodge doesnt serve food midweek. I had a big breakfast so I skipped lunch as I'd rather ski than eat

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

They have fancy water dispensers with the sun logo and cups. Everything has the sun logo. It's an odd looking sun too. And hooray the real one is out now.

The John Paul Lodge doesnt serve food midweek. I had a big breakfast so I skipped lunch as I'd rather ski than eat

Was the hotel breakfast today better??  Reminds me of this...

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That’s crazy that the lodge was named after two members of the Beatles.  Is there also a George and ringo lodge?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was the hotel breakfast today better??  Reminds me of this..

The hotel breakfast is a joke. People arent trusted to get their own things so the attendant hands them out. I just bought 2 boxes of Cheerios and blueberry bagels, and take the free milks and bananas from the hotel. Been using the same plastic bowl and spoon all week. Probably should get new ones soon. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The hotel breakfast is a joke. People arent trusted to get their own things so the attendant hands them out. I just bought 2 boxes of Cheerios and blueberry bagels, and take the free milks and bananas from the hotel. Been using the same plastic bowl and spoon all week. Probably should get new ones soon. 

Do you drink the hotel coffee or maybe buy some cold brew or Kombucha at the local Tim Hortons?