Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

11 minutes ago, Benm said:

I feel like they will match whatever you find if you ask. 

I'm fine waiting. I had so much fun on my RTMs yesterday and I dont believe there is a way to transport both pairs of skis home without paying at least $60 shipping as it would clearly make my bag over 50 pounds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I'm fine waiting. I had so much fun on my RTMs yesterday and I dont believe there is a way to transport both pairs of skis home without paying at least $60 shipping as it would clearly make my bag over 50 pounds.

Did you put your clothing in your ski bag or do you have a suitcase for all that. 

I've just experienced peak idiocracy. At the hotel breakfast area which is massive, Im not allowed to get my own coffee - its blocked off by tables. An attendant fills the cup, gives it to me, then I pour it into my mug and she throws the cup in the garbage. I'm also not allowed to get my own milks, sugar packets, yogurts etc. What a bunch of bullcrap

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I've just experienced peak idiocracy. At the hotel breakfast area which is massive, Im not allowed to get my own coffee - its blocked off by tables. An attendant fills the cup, gives it to me, then I pour it into my mug and she throws the cup in the garbage. I'm also not allowed to get my own milks, sugar packets, yogurts etc. What a bunch of bullcrap

You have your own coffee mug?  You’re probably better off going to a local bagel place if there are any Jews in Utah. That would piss Jack Frost dan off.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotcha yeah it would be overweight if already 40 pounds.  

While the Enforcers were fun, I cant see spending $200+ to ski them for 3 days as opposed to waiting for an end of season deal. Maybe JFDan can mount my bindings for me

• Confused 1

Just now, saltyant said:

While the Enforcers were fun, I cant see spending $200+ to ski them for 3 days as opposed to waiting for an end of season deal. Maybe JFDan can mount my bindings for me

JFDan doesn’t mount his own skis.  He is handy with cars so maybe he can replace the catalytic converter in your sonic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mixilplix said:

Do you think you will find them for under $200+

I meant $200+ is the additional cost I'd pay to have them now versus waiting. The shop wants $150 more than online for the same exact skis. And then $50 to ship my RTMs home

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I meant $200+ is the additional cost I'd pay to have them now versus waiting. The shop wants $150 more than online for the same exact skis. And then $50 to ship my RTMs home

a lot of shops will match prices advertised elsewhere. You're not taking bindings into account though, so there's another $150-200 depending on what you put on them. Don't just go for the cheapest thing you can find and do not get a tyrolia SL/SLR/SX binding just because they're cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Justo8484 said:

a lot of shops will match prices advertised elsewhere. You're not taking bindings into account though, so there's another $150-200 depending on what you put on them. Don't just go for the cheapest thing you can find and do not get a tyrolia SL/SLR/SX binding just because they're cheap. 

I need time to research bindings first as I know diddly squat about them. TFTI

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Shop may charge more but if you buy from them will probably not charge for mounting. just an FYI and something to consider.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Shop may charge more but if you buy from them will probably not charge for mounting. just an FYI and something to consider.

And if it’s a certain southeastern PA shop they’ll completely disregard your mounting preference and then try to charge you to remount them because they messed up. True story. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Parked about 20 steps to the Milly Lift. Reserved my spot by putting my RTMs in front of the gate and now sitting in the rental car. This is grate! I don't even need to stand there for 40 minutes and I'm still guaranteed first civilian chair 

• Like 3