Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Rad video of me hitting 53 mph on a virtually empty Main St at Snowbasin last Friday on muh Elan Ripstick 96's

I was going to ask if that was Main Street and then I saw the title of the video. Looks like it is empty and groomed to perfection. Brings back some good memories of that place!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m taking a giant vape hit before I watch this.  

Sorry, no commentary on this one. Just me skiing in silence. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

I was going to ask if that was Main Street and then I saw the title of the video. Looks like it is empty and groomed to perfection. Brings back some good memories of that place!

Correct, that was Friday morning and the first few runs were stellar.

• Like 1

Well.. I might have topped salty's SLC terminal walk. 🤔. My plane did not even dock at a terminal. We had to exit the plan onto the tarmac and then hop on a bus which dropped us off on the ground level at Terminal B. Only once we walked up another ramp did we enter terminal b and were able to make the trek to baggage claim.

On the bright side my snowboard bag hopped an earlier flight from Denver to SLC so my bag was waiting for me when I got there!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

Well.. I might have topped salty's SLC terminal walk. 🤔. My plane did not even dock at a terminal. We had to exit the plan onto the tarmac and then hop on a bus which dropped us off on the ground level at Terminal B. Only once we walked up another ramp did we enter terminal b and were able to make the trek to baggage claim.

On the bright side my snowboard bag hopped an earlier flight from Denver to SLC so my bag was waiting for me when I got there!!

My gate was right by the doors to those ramps. I felt bad for anyone who had to deal with all of that. SLC airport is not for anyone in a hurry or who can't walk fast. 

Also, with gates on both sides of a terminal and then 6 doors on the end of the terminal that go out to ramps/buses/planes it causes a huge build up of people in a small area which is less than Covid ideal and even in the best of times there aren't nearly enough seats anywhere for everyone in that spot. That architect better have a good PR firm on standby to smooth things over with future clients. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Schif said:

My gate was right by the doors to those ramps. I felt bad for anyone who had to deal with all of that. SLC airport is not for anyone in a hurry or who can't walk fast. 

Also, with gates on both sides of a terminal and then 6 doors on the end of the terminal that go out to ramps/buses/planes it causes a huge build up of people in a small area which is less than Covid ideal and even in the best of times there aren't nearly enough seats anywhere for everyone in that spot. That architect better have a good PR firm on standby to smooth things over with future clients. 

I really don't mind the walk.. I made it a game.. see if I could walk faster than the people on the people movers.  I will just say I held my ground!

• Boner City 1

2020–21 Closing Dates

• Like 1

Completed a short/quick session at Brighton. Only did 5 runs off of Milly, before ending my first day( nice thing above the weekday season pass).  Snow was very nice and soft, but crowds were heavier than I felt like dealing with due to the recent snow and being Friday.  I'm also tried after a long travel day after working in the morning before heading off to my 2pm flight at Newark(awake for 21 hours before getting to my hotel).

Current plans for the rest of the trip ... Sleep/relax today, Powder Mountain on Saturday, maybe Sundance on Sunday (or disc golf somewhere), and Brighton monday-friday before flying home on Saturday.

( I will not try to top any other previous reports, but hope to at least post a few pictures)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1