Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This has been a great trip but I have to make at least one complaint. They filled my gondola with 7 people and the next gondola had 1. I was like WTF??? And told the lift attendant about it when I went back down.  Only time I double masked on this entire trip. Plus riding 7-8 in a gondola sucks even in normal times

I hope you at least farted in that gondola..and hopefully it wasn’t a wet fart. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@saltyant are you staying in Salt Lake City tonight?  I was looking at Salt Lake City hotels and this place looks rad.  In non Covid times when you could use the amenities and not have to have socially distanced soaks would be nice. 

https://www.grandamerica.com/

C34284EA-2436-41A4-8286-F77FE9C8BAA5.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant are you staying in Salt Lake City tonight? 

Nope, Ogden. Flight isn't til afternoon so there wasn't a need to stay close to the airport. I strategically selected hotels to minimize my driving time at the end of each ski day, as I'd rather drive in the morning

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nope, Ogden. Flight isn't til afternoon so there wasn't a need to stay close to the airport. I strategically selected hotels to minimize my driving time at the end of each ski day, as I'd rather drive in the morning

Gotcha nice strategy.  Hows the holiday inn express in Ogden?  I saw it’s onky $82 a night. That’s cheap. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotcha nice strategy.  Hows the holiday inn express in Ogden?  I saw it’s onky $82 a night. That’s cheap. 

I'm at the Home2Suites. I'm actually allowed to fill my own coffee here and obtain my own croissants in the breakfast area. It's surreal. 

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

I'm at the Home2Suites. I'm actually allowed to fill my own coffee here and obtain my own croissants in the breakfast area. It's surreal. 

The Original Golden Spike Tattoo parlor is right around the corner.
Go get a tat to commemorate your grate trip!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

This is getting good @saltyant

I had 15 extra minutes so I sat on the side of the road to watch the planes landing at SLC. There was a sign that said "no parking between signs", but as there was only one sign I didnt see any issue. A few minutes later a cop pulled up and nicely told me I cant sit there. He said the air traffic control tower called him about me 💁‍♂️

@Schif SLC layout sucks and the TSA scanning area is one giant fuster clucker

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I had 15 extra minutes so I sat on the side of the road to watch the planes landing at SLC. There was a sign that said "no parking between signs", but as there was only one sign I didnt see any issue. A few minutes later a cop pulled up and nicely told me I cant sit there. He said the air traffic control tower called him about me 💁‍♂️

@Schif SLC layout sucks and the TSA scanning area is one giant fuster clucker

Wow you’re a badass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was stuck by Karen in the TSA line.

"Waaa sir please keep your distance"

"Waaa why doesnt your 1 year old have a face mask"

"Waaa why are you in 2 spots [for the stupid ass conveyor system]"

Like STFU. If I end up sitting next to her I'm jumping out the window 

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1