Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Tomorrow after Snowbasin. Good memory.

Feels like summer here - 64 and sunny. Had to stop at Target to buy a t shirt since I didnt think to pack any

I hope you got one of those screen printed t shirts they sell like The Golden Girls thank you for being a friend or perhaps a bart Simpson t-shirt.  How was the sauna before your soak?  I like saunas although your beer gets warm super fast and lighters only work in dry saunas. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Wifi is off at the hotel for some stupid reason so I'm browsing text only. I can't currently quote anyone or use a confused face.

Tonight was rad, I went to the Salty lake and walked around downtown and saw all the Mormon buildings. Looking forward to watching the South Park episode on Mormons again.

I'll post pics etc. when I get Wifi access again.

Off to Snowbasin tomorrow morning. JADIP LFG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wifi is off at the hotel for some stupid reason so I'm browsing text only. I can't currently quote anyone or use a confused face.

Tonight was rad, I went to the Salty lake and walked around downtown and saw all the Mormon buildings. Looking forward to watching the South Park episode on Mormons again.

I'll post pics etc. when I get Wifi access again.

Off to Snowbasin tomorrow morning. JADIP LFG

TFTI...you should just have unlimited data...

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope you got one of those screen printed t shirts they sell like The Golden Girls thank you for being a friend or perhaps a bart Simpson t-shirt. 

Nope, I bought a plain red t-shirt. I'm not the type of person that wears shirts with pictures, sayings or inspirational quotes on them.

27 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Enjoy Snowbasin today! Don't forget to take the Allen tram to the peak and take the Grizzly groomer from top to bottom. It was the olympic downhill course from 2002 and it is a hoot!

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/olympic-downhill-courses-at-snowbasin/

TFTI. I would love a long groomed black diamond run. But the website says only part of the Grizzly run is groomed. I'll see today 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

TFTI. I would love a long groomed black diamond run. But the website says only part of the Grizzly run is groomed. I'll see today 

Ah, good call that might be true for the Grizzly start which was the men's downhill start. The women's downhill start is just down the Ridgeline and connects back with Grizzly. I think it is called sunflower or some sort of flower. Probably listed on the trail map you are looking at.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Nope, I bought a plain red t-shirt. I'm not the type of person that wears shirts with pictures, sayings or inspirational quotes on them.

I am..you could have bought a plain white t..but then I’d say hey there Delilah 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I am..you could have bought a plain white t..but then I’d say hey there Delilah 

That song's awful, but not nearly as bad as that one Train song with a ukelele 

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Arrived at my final ski destination for the trip - Snowbasin for 2 days. Lodge is fancy AF. Should be another grate day!

20210304_081248.thumb.jpg.d30c938438206708c5f58133a2c581bd.jpg

Don't forget to have lunch on the deck at John Paul one of your days there. Ohh and poop in the fancy bathrooms. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Don't forget to have lunch on the deck at John Paul one of your days there. Ohh and poop in the fancy bathrooms. 

Yeah I remember... John Paul Jones like the singer of Led Zepplin or the famous historical seaman. 

Not sure about lunch since I've been having stomach issues and dont want to spend too much time on the golden shitters...  though the hand washing area is legit

20210304_081744.thumb.jpg.5b5df01443bdb4defc2015008fcb436e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowbasin clearly wins for best pre skiing experience. Short walk, no hills or steps to walk up, fancy schmansie lodge, actual wifi, comfy seat outside waiting for the gondola.  Only complaint is I prefer an RFID card to a ticket flapping in the wind. Overall experience 9.99/10