Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

I had 15 extra minutes so I sat on the side of the road to watch the planes landing at SLC. There was a sign that said "no parking between signs", but as there was only one sign I didnt see any issue. A few minutes later a cop pulled up and nicely told me I cant sit there. He said the air traffic control tower called him about me [emoji2273]
[mention=62]Schif[/mention] SLC layout sucks and the TSA scanning area is one giant fuster clucker

SLC may suck but it has the best views.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Was stuck by Karen in the TSA line.

"Waaa sir please keep your distance"

"Waaa why doesnt your 1 year old have a face mask"

"Waaa why are you in 2 spots [for the stupid ass conveyor system]"

Like STFU. If I end up sitting next to her I'm jumping out the window 

How full was your flight out? Are they staggering seats or anything? I know a mask is required the entire time. I’m flying to Tampa in a few weeks so I’m curious what to expect 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

How full was your flight out? Are they staggering seats or anything? I know a mask is required the entire time. I’m flying to Tampa in a few weeks so I’m curious what to expect 

All flights have been full. Masks required the whole time unless you eat or drink. Otherwise nothing really different. Delta has empty middle seats for another month or 2 but not sure about other airlines

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

All flights have been full. Masks required the whole time unless you eat or drink. Otherwise nothing really different. Delta has empty middle seats for another month or 2 but not sure about other airlines

Thanks. I’m flying American both ways, when I booked the flight you couldn’t choose the middle seat, so I’m assuming they’re doing that as well but I guess I’ll find out 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Thanks. I’m flying American both ways, when I booked the flight you couldn’t choose the middle seat, so I’m assuming they’re doing that as well but I guess I’ll find out 

Nope. American loads the middle seats. That's what I'm flying now if they ever fricking board

@GrilledSteezeSandwich About SLC...dragging heavy shit through a terminal for 20 minutes is not the same as biking by any means. I want to get thru security, get to my damn gate and be done.  Does SLC suck? Yes. Will I still fly there? Yes.

Here's a comment from Reddit 2 months ago:

"The walk to the B terminal is completely unacceptable, and takes legitimately 20 minutes for a healthy adult. Even if it’s temporary, it’s not cool for a new airport to take longer in terms of walking than the old one. If I’m traveling with my 3 year old out of terminal B, it could be a 45 minute walk, which is totally ridiculous."

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich About SLC...dragging heavy shit through a terminal for 20 minutes is not the same as biking by any means. I want to get thru security, get to my damn gate and be done.  Does SLC suck? Yes. Will I still fly there? Yes.

"The walk to the B terminal is completely unacceptable, and takes legitimately 20 minutes for a healthy adult. Even if it’s temporary, it’s not cool for a new airport to take longer in terms of walking than the old one. If I’m traveling with my 3 year old out of terminal B, it could be a 45 minute walk, which is totally ridiculous."

Isn’t check in at SLC right near the entrance? Do you have wheels on your carryon bag? Are you gonna post any videos. 

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

The airport terminal is brand new. It opened really recent. A bunch of news station were reporting how they’re still working out the kinks and issues but they mostly reported on the disgruntled flyers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Isn’t check in at SLC right near the entrance? Do you have wheels on your carryon bag? 

58 minutes ago, skiincy said:

The airport terminal is brand new. It opened really recent. A bunch of news station were reporting how they’re still working out the kinks and issues but they mostly reported on the disgruntled flyers.

I returned my rental car and dragged my 45 lb. ski bag and 25 lb. carry on (both with wheels) to an elevator up to the terminal... which was fine. But upon arrival at the check in area, there's Delta, Delta, Delta, Alaskan... no American Airlines check in. No signs for other airlines' check ins either. WTF. So I walk to baggage claim and find an information kiosk and she says to drag my bags up an escalator to American. OK

Untitled.png.6c463410377ad6f9b5f7b2230d5d85e1.png

So there's American's check in area. The only problem is... the touch screens to check in are slow as molasses!! I push a button, wait 20 seconds... push another useless button, wait 20 seconds... and so on. Is the software running on 16 MB of RAM and DOS 3.0? Finally after what seemed like an eternity I got my bag ticket.

Back down the escalator and to security line. Well the line's moving, but only one problem about the queue set up:

2.png.6f46d4bc380763ebcdf2cff35a49c375.png

If this is annoying to look at, it was much more annoying to walk through. Like a stupid pointless maze that just keeps turning and turning and turning and turning. Honestly, really, does it need to be that long if there isn't a lot of people??? I guess the number of people fluctuates throughout the day and it would be too much work for security to constantly rearrange the queue. But honestly, I got pretty dizzy.

Now we get to the bins, and boy is it stupid. 

I put my bags in the 2 red squares.

image.png.12a03b8944da8aff7364bfcac8d0dea8.png

But then nothing else is opening up so I put my shoes etc. in the 2 orange squares:

4.png.074d33d863905f0319a5d46a04608780.png

Then I have Karen whining, "Salty, you already took up the red squares at #5. Why are you taking up the orange squares at #4?" I didn't respond and made the "I don't fucking know what's going on I just want to get out of here" face and hand gestures. Apparently the system takes bins at different speeds depending on what one you got stuck with, and I wasn't waiting for my 2 bins above the red squares to open up. Hell no. Then my bags don't come out together: one here, then a rando's, another rando's, oh there's another of mine, then wait, wait, wait, wait, nope not mine. Ok finally there it is. 15 minutes later.

Ok finally I can go to the gate. Almost done. But wait. I'm in concourse B. 

Instead of being well designed layout like most airports:

5.png.ffd6b2a6dd0b23522b7926283697d713.png

SLC is like this:

6.png.c5534573340656ac0f0e5723fc018918.png

So you walk, and you walk, and walk. Then after concourse A there's a long escalator down, then a long hall with a few conveyer belts, but the damn sign still says "7 minute walk to concourse B". Then walk, walk, up another escalator, and finally at concourse B. 20 minutes later. 

Finally, I get to my gate, and there's a gate change... but it's only 1 gate down so I'm happy 😎

Had a delicious buffalo chicken wrap and then another one since it was delish

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re a bin hog Salty....I’m glad you made it back ok.  Travel isn’t for everybody. 

I'm fine traveling, as I've probably flown over 30 times now. I have no patience for annoying thingz.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I returned my rental car and dragged my 45 lb. ski bag and 25 lb. carry on (both with wheels) to an elevator up to the terminal... which was fine. But upon arrival at the check in area, there's Delta, Delta, Delta, Alaskan... no American Airlines check in. No signs for other airlines' check ins either. WTF. So I walk to baggage claim and find an information kiosk and she says to drag my bags up an escalator to American. OK

Untitled.png.6c463410377ad6f9b5f7b2230d5d85e1.png

So there's American's check in area. The only problem is... the touch screens to check in are slow as molasses!! I push a button, wait 20 seconds... push another useless button, wait 20 seconds... and so on. Is the software running on 16 MB of RAM and DOS 3.0? Finally after what seemed like an eternity I got my bag ticket.

Back down the escalator and to security line. Well the line's moving, but only one problem about the queue set up:

2.png.6f46d4bc380763ebcdf2cff35a49c375.png

If this is annoying to look at, it was much more annoying to walk through. Like a stupid pointless maze that just keeps turning and turning and turning and turning. Honestly, really, does it need to be that long if there isn't a lot of people??? I guess the number of people fluctuates throughout the day and it would be too much work for security to constantly rearrange the queue. But honestly, I got pretty dizzy.

Now we get to the bins, and boy is it stupid. 

I put my bags in the 2 red squares.

image.png.12a03b8944da8aff7364bfcac8d0dea8.png

But then nothing else is opening up so I put my shoes etc. in the 2 orange squares:

4.png.074d33d863905f0319a5d46a04608780.png

Then I have Karen whining, "Salty, you already took up the red squares at #5. Why are you taking up the orange squares at #4?" I didn't respond and made the "I don't fucking know what's going on I just want to get out of here" face and hand gestures. Apparently the system takes bins at different speeds depending on what one you got stuck with, and I wasn't waiting for my 2 bins above the red squares to open up. Hell no. Then my bags don't come out together: one here, then a rando's, another rando's, oh there's another of mine, then wait, wait, wait, wait, nope not mine. Ok finally there it is. 15 minutes later.

Ok finally I can go to the gate. Almost done. But wait. I'm in concourse B. 

Instead of being well designed layout like most airports:

5.png.ffd6b2a6dd0b23522b7926283697d713.png

SLC is like this:

6.png.c5534573340656ac0f0e5723fc018918.png

So you walk, and you walk, and walk. Then after concourse A there's a long escalator down, then a long hall with a few conveyer belts, but the damn sign still says "7 minute walk to concourse B". Then walk, walk, up another escalator, and finally at concourse B. 20 minutes later. 

Finally, I get to my gate, and there's a gate change... but it's only 1 gate down so I'm happy 😎

Had a delicious buffalo chicken wrap and then another one since it was delish

Wow salty you were hungry after skipping lunch all those days.