12/26…cold..pretty nice conditions

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:15 and it was in the mid teens with moderate winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JimKoval, JFDan, PARidge, Indiggio, Justo, Enjorales, Pops, VTMark, Salty, KevinThomas and many more people. 

First civilian chair on the quad and the guns were blasting on tubing, Razors, nightmare dreamweaver, skiercross, Raceway, upper Main Street, Barney’s bumps and come around. First run in coming soon was ok, decent snow but not super smooth.  Lower paradise wasn’t that good, sort of icy and uneven.  Raceway wasn’t open as advertised to you still have to schlep over to vista to ski midway to lower main.  Midway was ok, a little firm and lower main they blew some water on.  Was nice to also ski lower park.  

Lazy mile had the nicest snow on the mountain and the falls is intimidating. Toast would clear the whole thing, it’s like a ramp.  Upper paradise was ok and the first hour was pretty crowd free then the crowds emerged.  I skied just 8 runs and only one lazy mile run it was crazy mile.  The people were spilling in and I think today will end up moderately busy.  

My toes were semi frozen for the first time this season and hungout in the lot for a few.  Now at work and not motivated to do any work so just taking a shit, smoking a Bowl and gonna count money.  Then go grocery shopping, eat weed pills and probably have some jack and diet stoke later. JADIPGSCMAP just another day in paradise getting stoned counting money and pooping. 

B81F55E5-16FE-47B0-89A2-D03B7FEE8214.jpeg

7B136EAC-1FD1-431A-806E-0AA94924A6C7.jpeg

75C571FD-CBC1-4D58-AAC7-EDCA25C12E36.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I thought today was pretty good with the exception of maybe p dizz and certan areas on lazy that were slick. Lazy, right before and through the turn though was $$...like silk. Midway to lower street was fun for getting some speed and falls was ok. The narrowness has me worried that newbs coming out to ski over the holiday week will end up in the ditch either side... especially when the crowds pick up. But the "experts only" sign was posted which will no doubt deter them 😐. Curzis cabin wasn't open btw. Either way... good morning with a good crew as always. Back to reality for me until Friday which is fixing to be a good one. Perhaps a night sesh or two this week until then!

IMG_20221226_074553_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221226_092140_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 4

Overall a real good day, save the crowds that caused us to bail around noon.

Chute to Main Street was a hoot, high speed right into some super grippy fan snow into icy Lower Main was excellent.

Lazy and Paradise did have the best snow except for Coming Soon first few runs.

Evidently the mountain has lost power and people are bitching big time at the lift ticket prices for the week on FB.
And Blue is deleting posts about people bitching about lift ticket prices! 🤣

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Doesn't look like it's the entire mountain as the tubing carpet is still running.

Whoopsie!  There goes the valley cam...

Wow power outage. Bad day for it. How are they gonna keep the chili hot in the cafeteria.  People were complaining that lift tickets at Blue are as much as in Vermont.  Yeah but you don’t have the drive and still the same jersey fuckers. 

edit: the six pack is running. The line is really short for this holiday week.  Out west business is down this week at ski resorts.  I wonder if that will hold true here. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow power outage. Bad day for it. How are they gonna keep the chili hot in the cafeteria.  People were complaining that lift tickets at Blue are as much as in Vermont.  Yeah but you don’t have the drive and still the same jersey fuckers. 

edit: the six pack is running. The line is really short for this holiday week.  Out west business is down this week at ski resorts.  I wonder if that will hold true here. 

The cold coupled with the media hype I'm sure hasn't helped them so far this holiday. This is going to be a great week wether wise upcoming however so hoping they sell lots of $115 tickets to make up for it. Skiing is no longer a walk up, purchase ticket, go skiing kinda thing. You can but it'll cost you $$. The folks complaining need to understand that.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Benm said:

Heading down now. Hopefully the outage got some ppl to pack up early. 

Schif and I had a morning of friends and family holiday stuff. 

Since we’re driving to Philly, we’re making a stop at Bleu. Hope the power doesn’t go out again….

We’ll be there at 3:45 to dusk likely. Maybe we’ll see you, @Benm

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

6 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Schif and I had a morning of friends and family holiday stuff. 

Since we’re driving to Philly, we’re making a stop at Bleu. Hope the power doesn’t go out again….

We’ll be there at 3:45 to dusk likely. Maybe we’ll see you, @Benm

That’s a nice time to ski with the setting sun..enjoy and post a report.  Lazy mile is good. 

Beautiful morning, was cool having some folks to carve around the hill with. I’m a bit slow on the tele gear yet, maybe I’ll dust off the alpine gear one day to ski with this group.  

conditions are good for what Mother Nature has given us so far. I just wish they wouldn’t process and grind up the ice they blow. Blue does a nice job though, considering the relatively high temps they have to make snow in. We get what is expected when they open their season so early. 

see y’all soon. Will try to get out for some morning laps later this week. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Fun day despite the cold..Lapped Midway/Chute/Lower Main most of the morning....With the lift not spinning yet it keeps the crowd off it...Overall nice conditions....12 degrees when I pull out of the lot...

Those snow making machines need all the cold, dry air it can get. The cold is such a blessing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

The cold coupled with the media hype I'm sure hasn't helped them so far this holiday. This is going to be a great week wether wise upcoming however so hoping they sell lots of $115 tickets to make up for it. Skiing is no longer a walk up, purchase ticket, go skiing kinda thing. You can but it'll cost you $$. The folks complaining need to understand that.

All good points..owning and operating a ski resort seems super stressful so hats off to those who show up earlier than us to get the place up and running and the people paying $115 plus $40 rental plus $25 lunch plus $75 gloves lucked out big time today and got all our parking spots in a 30 second fury.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Fun day despite the cold..Lapped Midway/Chute/Lower Main most of the morning....With the lift not spinning yet it keeps the crowd off it...Overall nice conditions....12 degrees when I pull out of the lot...

Sorry missed you in the list of people saw you on your skis.  

Pretty nice morning.  the headwall (i guess) before the turn on lazy was the best snow.  i forgot Chute was open.  If i skied it, it would be like the 3rd time ever.  i think Chute would be a nice trail if it had some trees in it.  

i keep forgetting.....Why do we give a fuck about how much lift tickets are?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Perhaps a night sesh or two this week until then!

i was thinking you might be able to talk me into a night session this week.  

Then i looked at the Valley cam - 

image.thumb.png.edae9545783fc84073eec3ff63e4cf3a.png

That seems like a shit ton of people trying to ski what trails are open.