12/26…cold..pretty nice conditions

GrilledSteezeSandwich

@Schifand I drove from Scranton. Took 80 to 309/33 to wind gap. Drove on Blue Mountain Drive. 

we passed “blue mountain village” . We never come that way so it was new to us. I’ve never seen so many rectangular houses on a pond. 

we pulled in to bleu and chatted with @Benmfor a bit

Lines were slightly out of the gates with full corrals. 

here’s a photo I took as we were leaving to give you an idea of the scene

2E0C43C1-FC17-4A26-85FD-1B12CB43DC77.thumb.jpeg.a3f59e3e01c571a511f227a26f2270ef.jpeg

We skied paradise and it was eh partially because it was so crowded

Snowguns were full blast on razors and a few others. Excited for the new terrain344E101C-1220-4F58-978A-C98784D7D4F2.thumb.jpeg.0a8b616c5d2b67181c79350136a4c7f9.jpeg

then we skied coming soon which made paradise seem like a parrra parra paradise

mike wanted to ski the chute to lower main, so we parted ways at met at the bottom, dodging gapers like it was frogger

given the ice, we strolled to car. We chatted about cosmic tubing then

BOOM

black out. It was hard to tell if they were wooots or yells echoing in the distance.

A47B83BD-E368-45C5-BC94-8A9FA33A0AB6.jpeg.ef6253d03958ab0c910e1d82d647b591.jpeg

naturally, we cracked some beers and took a ziploc of leftover ham to watch the chaos ensue.

Mike took the same photo but had night vision on his phone. It looks lighter but man was it dark.B314A1E1-5D28-4A3B-9712-2AB05C81B2A2.thumb.jpeg.a93a50da5bded46f9076d89c3ac65373.jpeg

coming soon lights stayed on somehow. And as we watched, you could we people starting to ski down with flash lights.

Power was maybe off for 10-15 minutes or so. 

definitely a night to remember 😂

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 4
  • Boner City 1

Left the in-laws early to get back and ski tonight.  Got back around 6 and dropped some shit off, changed, and headed out the door.  Walked up to truck andddd keyless entry didn’t respond… which isn’t entirely uncommon.  Proceeded to unlock with keypad and hopped in.  No key in range.  Fuck. I guess keys weren’t in jacket as I thought.  Walk back to door.  Double fuck.  Door is locked.  

Now patiently awaiting rescue. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

22 minutes ago, skiincy said:

@Schifand I drove from Scranton. Took 80 to 309/33 to wind gap. Drove on Blue Mountain Drive. 

we passed “blue mountain village” . We never come that way so it was new to us. I’ve never seen so many rectangular houses on a pond. 

we pulled in to bleu and chatted with @Benmfor a bit

Lines were slightly out of the gates with full corrals. 

here’s a photo I took as we were leaving to give you an idea of the scene

2E0C43C1-FC17-4A26-85FD-1B12CB43DC77.thumb.jpeg.a3f59e3e01c571a511f227a26f2270ef.jpeg

We skied paradise and it was eh partially because it was so crowded

Snowguns were full blast on razors and a few others. Excited for the new terrain344E101C-1220-4F58-978A-C98784D7D4F2.thumb.jpeg.0a8b616c5d2b67181c79350136a4c7f9.jpeg

then we skied coming soon which made paradise seem like a parrra parra paradise

mike wanted to ski the chute to lower main, so we parted ways at met at the bottom, dodging gapers like it was frogger

given the ice, we strolled to car. We chatted about cosmic tubing then

BOOM

black out. It was hard to tell if they were wooots or yells echoing in the distance.

A47B83BD-E368-45C5-BC94-8A9FA33A0AB6.jpeg.ef6253d03958ab0c910e1d82d647b591.jpeg

naturally, we cracked some beers and took a ziploc of leftover ham to watch the chaos ensue.

Mike took the same photo but had night vision on his phone. It looks lighter but man was it dark.B314A1E1-5D28-4A3B-9712-2AB05C81B2A2.thumb.jpeg.a93a50da5bded46f9076d89c3ac65373.jpeg

coming soon lights stayed on somehow. And as we watched, you could we people starting to ski down with flash lights.

Power was maybe off for 10-15 minutes or so. 

definitely a night to remember 😂

Who’s Mike?  You see MBike mike?

5 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Left the in-laws early to get back and ski tonight.  Got back around 6 and dropped some shit off, changed, and headed out the door.  Walked up to truck andddd keyless entry didn’t respond… which isn’t entirely uncommon.  Proceeded to unlock with keypad and hopped in.  No key in range.  Fuck. I guess keys weren’t in jacket as I thought.  Walk back to door.  Double fuck.  Door is locked.  

Now patiently awaiting rescue. 

+++++VIBES+++++ at least you know where your truck is. 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wanted to take the vista lift so I could ski Curzis Widow from the top of raceway 

We made a pass over to Chute/Midway and I noticed they still had the guns going on Racewidowcurzi and figured the groomers didn’t get to it for the open.   

We rode up Vista after to check out the top. They’ve got a couple of whales already up there.

Latest news is that they’re waiting on PA for clearances and hoping for next week sometime, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

We made a pass over to Chute/Midway and I noticed they still had the guns going on Racewidowcurzi and figured the groomers didn’t get to it for the open.   

We rode up Vista after to check out the top. They’ve got a couple of whales already up there.

Latest news is that they’re waiting on PA for clearances and hoping for next week sometime, but I’m not holding my breath.

Whether it’s next week, next month, or next year, I’ll be happy…

There's a very good reason the official PASR start time is 8am. The snow was garbage. 

Interesting to see the place lose power. Very cool sight when I was staring up at the mountain in the dark and all the lights popped on at once. Definitely not something you get to see often. 

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

26 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

So they lost power twice yesterday?  Thats not real good.    

i was on the six near the top and it stopped. looked over at the quad and that was stopped also.

ngl i was like o fug.

each lift ride, there was at least 2 stoppages, both the quad and six. 

but yeah, 2 i'm aware of 

Edited by Benm

The power outage after dark was really weird. I noticed that the lights in the parking lot were out and then all of a sudden everything but the little pod around the upper lodge and Coming Soon were completely dark. I think the weirdest thing was that while the power was out people weren't turning around to leave. They all just hung out in the corrals and waited to start loading chairs. There's no way I would get on a lift after a power outage, but then again I'm not someone on Christmas Vacation who spent $124 and needs to get every penny's worth out of that ticket. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i was thinking you might be able to talk me into a night session this week.  

Then i looked at the Valley cam - 

image.thumb.png.edae9545783fc84073eec3ff63e4cf3a.png

That seems like a shit ton of people trying to ski what trails are open.  

Was going to go yesterday afternoon until I checked and saw this same image.

looks pretty similar tonight.  Early AM crowds were low, but came in a little later, and now....

image.thumb.png.5f4ffe5e8f692dbe30fe265267ec9659.png

oh, and there is a comment on Blues FB page stating the power outages were of the rolling blackout types.  im not totally sure i buy into that, i have trouble believing they would just pull the plug with people getting stranded on a lift.  granted, diesel back ups and whatnot, but still thats a huge risk assuming Blues back up anything is going to work well.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1