Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wao, wearing them around the house sounds hardcore. I'll be so speedy I'll probably be passing Grilled Cheese and Atomic all day long on my Speed Machines. 

Idk what Blue does, as I bought them at Buckmans using part of the tent sale proceeds from my sold RTMs and $50 boots from Craigslist I used once. I understand Buckmans does some technique for molding the liner - I might have them do that after a few days skiing in them.

Nah, not that hardcore.  Rather get them a little broken in before taking them out on the mountain.  It also helps start building up callous on the feet, so they're also not as sore the first days out.

Ah, from your post, I thought you bought them up at Blue and rode the mountain before/after you bought them.

They don't say much about the boot's liners, but it sounds like they're heat moldable, so just wearing them around and the heat from your foot might help to mold them as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Second the motion. Bought new goggles this year thinking they were fine but couldn’t lift them without my glasses getting hung up. A little trimming of the foam along the sides should work but I’m not 100% sure. I’ll bring my old ones just in case but it’s better to find glitches sooner rather than later. 

Opening day at Blue last year my pink goggles that had about 130 days on them spontaneously combusted and I had a backup pair in my car.  Reminds me I need new gloves. I’ve used leather spring gloves I purchased at copper mountain since April of 2018..I’ve spilled so much beer on those gloves.  

56 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Ah, from your post, I thought you bought them up at Blue and rode the mountain before/after you bought them.

I traveled down to Whitehall to claim my Buckmans gift card, bought my boots, then journeyed to Blue Mountain (The True Mt.) to see if they finally paved the parking lot so my new boots won't get all muddied up. Unfortunately it is still muddy and looks like spilled Yoo-Hoo after rain.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I traveled down to Whitehall to claim my Buckmans gift card, bought my boots, then journeyed to Blue Mountain (The True Mt.) to see if they finally paved the parking lot so my new boots won't get all muddied up. Unfortunately it is still muddy and looks like spilled Yoo-Hoo after rain.

Did you get any food on your journeys?  With the time change I’m starting to wake up early on the weekends I’m ready 

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

I’ve been told that it isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be.  Once Sugarbush paved the main parking areas, there was an exponential increase in “soles” being replaced on ski boots.  Lots of people complaining about it.  Us snowboarders don’t have that problem…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, DiMe said:

Bellayre lit up 😇Screenshot_20231112_070708_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d42035532aefc066fd7635974feb875.jpg

I love that it’s closer, but doesn’t help me out.  I’ve been to Bell three times and enjoyed it every time, but that was before the new trail and gondola.  Not sure what that adds, but I’m sure it’s nice enough.  All my gear is in VT.  Heading up that way for Thanksgiving and I’ll bring it home.  Might make it even possible to hit Blue this year.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ride Delaware ? said:

I love that it’s closer, but doesn’t help me out.  I’ve been to Bell three times and enjoyed it every time, but that was before the new trail and gondola.  Not sure what that adds, but I’m sure it’s nice enough.  All my gear is in VT.  Heading up that way for Thanksgiving and I’ll bring it home.  Might make it even possible to hit Blue this year.  

Ive been there a handful of times.  Once or twice met the legendary @GrilledSteezeSandwichfor either some early or late seasons turns and a few times with other friends and solo.  Never was disappointed in the short trip to elongate a season on one end or the other.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Ive been there a handful of times.  Once or twice met the legendary @GrilledSteezeSandwichfor either some early or late seasons turns and a few times with other friends and solo.  Never was disappointed in the short trip to elongate a season on one end or the other.

That must have been a hot minute.  Steeze hardly leaves Blue or Jackson Hole nowadays…

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I did a two day one night stay at Hunter..and stayed over in Windham and many early and late days at belleayre. 

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I went MIA from the snow scene for a few hot minutes until January 2023 👻

Ride can hate hate hate cause I usually take a second trip out west instead of going to Vermont in the spring…sheesh I Thought this was a day of kindness..RideDE you haven’t post a report in a couple years…I do you some hugs because I read somewhere that you’re supposed to hug a ski patroller 

7 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

That must have been a hot minute.  Steeze hardly leaves Blue or Jackson Hole nowadays…

Will you be joining us this year at Blue The True?  I just looked at the official PASR 2022/2023 Ski Statistics Leaderboard and your name is not on the freaking list!! 🤯

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ride can hate hate hate cause I usually take a second trip out west instead of going to Vermont in the spring…sheesh I Thought this was a day of kindness..RideDE you haven’t post a report in a couple years…I do you some hugs because I read somewhere that you’re supposed to hug a ski patroller 

No hate here.  I just didn’t think you had been to NY lately.  When was your last trip up there?

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Will you be joining us this year at Blue The True?  I just looked at the official PASR 2022/2023 Ski Statistics Leaderboard and your name is not on the freaking list!! 🤯

I’m laughing lol…he was busy raking leaves but seriously from now on let’s make this a day of kindness @saltyant thanks for keeping your stats up to date..

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m laughing lol…he was busy raking leaves but seriously from now on let’s make this a day of kindness @saltyant thanks for keeping your stats up to date..

At least I have the weather thread.  Nothing like being an ignorant post college grad to start the most posted on thread of all time.

Also, I’m not sure I’ve ever raked leaves in my life…

When was your last trip to NY?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

At least I have the weather thread.  Nothing like being an ignorant post college grad to start the most posted on thread of all time.

Also, I’m not sure I’ve ever raked leaves in my life…

When was your last trip to NY?

Like for a broadway show…corned beef Sando..when was the last time you skied titty deep powder in Jackson hole.  

isn’t this a Pennsylvania site..next you’re gonna give me shit for only skiing elk twice and that’s in southern Vermont. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Edit:  I’ve only ever gotten powder that deep at Steamboat, and that was 16 years ago.  I’ve had some other knee deep days at Vail/Breck/Beaver Creek and a handful in VT and Quebec.  Powder is elusive and I don’t do the best at going after it either…

I’m just generally curious.  It’s been 4 years since I’ve gone anywhere outside of VT except for a 1 day excursion to CB during Covid.  I wouldn’t give you crap about Elk.  Your complaints are well documented, and honestly, if I were traveling to Elk from where you are, I’d probably just go to Bell.  It’s only a half hour further.  I think?

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

59 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Edit:  I’ve only ever gotten powder that deep at Steamboat, and that was 16 years ago.  I’ve had some other knee deep days at Vail/Breck/Beaver Creek and a handful in VT and Quebec.  Powder is elusive and I don’t do the best at going after it either…

I’m just generally curious.  It’s been 4 years since I’ve gone anywhere outside of VT except for a 1 day excursion to CB during Covid.  I wouldn’t give you crap about Elk.  Your complaints are well documented, and honestly, if I were traveling to Elk from where you are, I’d probably just go to Bell.  It’s only a half hour further.  I think?

Do you still like Pizza Hut?  Me and @Johnny Law and @theprogram4 are big fans. Covid ended the Pizza Hut buffet, at least at the two Allentown locations k was familiar with.  No cicis pizza either..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you still like Pizza Hut?  Me and @Johnny Law and @theprogram4 are big fans. Covid ended the Pizza Hut buffet, at least at the two Allentown locations k was familiar with.  No cicis pizza either..

I saw a legit stand alone pizza hut restaurant down near Havre de Grace, MD. I didn't have time to stop but I will for sure,  gotta see if they have the red cups and pan Pizza pan. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I saw a legit stand alone pizza hut restaurant down near Havre de Grace, MD. I didn't have time to stop but I will for sure,  gotta see if they have the red cups and pan Pizza pan. 

The old stand alone restaurants were so cool....everybody knows the red cups....checkered tablecloths......  going to a pizza hut back then was like really going out for pizza.  it was cool.  now i feel like the pizza is just a little bit better than @Benm's fav little Caesars hot and ready cardboard.  

• Like 2