Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

4 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I don’t think Killington is going to make Halloween, but a November 1 opening is still feasible.  They will definitely open at some point next week.  Doesn’t look like an extended cold spell hits until two weeks, and even then, t2b mountains like Mount Snow and Okemo probably won’t make it open with the warmer temps at lower elevations.  Those dates above are historically accurate and probably realistic.  The dominos will fall quickly once they start.

Remember that time Big Boulder opened November 9th?

break out the pow skis for Albrightsville as well next week.  Gonna be epic.  

image.png.3dd682a564bf690c876b7756f5caea4f.png

2 hours ago, Barb said:

Abasin just announced opening 10/29 

Are you going to set up your tent in the parking lot or in the liftline?  People get there like 1am for first chair and to hold a banner..at blue I got to hold a banner just for being first to vista chair one season..banners are cool at ABasin and Loveland they hand out breakfast sandwiches and hand knit Jawns for the early birds on opening day.  Yesterday was 80 degrees and in a few days there might be Perder in the Poke N Hoes for @saltyant and @RidgeRacer to ski 

12 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Tomorrow may be it folks. Enjoy the warm weather while you can. Im planning on staining the deck tomorrow. I've procrastinated long enough 

Big leaf mulching day.  Its like my house has some type of magnetic leaf field.....i feel like every leaf that falls within 200 feet of my house is in my driveway and yard.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Big leaf mulching day.  Its like my house has some type of magnetic leaf field.....i feel like every leaf that falls within 200 feet of my house is in my driveway and yard.  

Me too.  I have to mulch the leaves every week this time of year or it builds up to be too much.  

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

A crap ton fell over the past 24 hours too

New fuel filter, air filter and spark plug for the backpack leaf blower. Blow leaves, mulch and blow mulch off the lawn every other day. Sour gum trees coming down now. Was clean yesterday. IMG_1832.thumb.jpeg.c6937d1a20f9d812a5cd94d1274f3736.jpeg

Edited by C1erArt

8 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Me too.  I have to mulch the leaves every week this time of year or it builds up to be too much.  

I think i got to the “too much” point. Mulched what was just on the grass and its kinda thick. 

6 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

A crap ton fell over the past 24 hours too

Its raining leaves here. I have never see leaves fall this fast. Looks like i did nothing today. Gutters are filled back up too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

Crazy to think they used to open that early and actually took pride in in. 

this is November 16th, 2018. 

image.thumb.jpeg.79506e27798671eb869611b9f6c5b709.jpeg

Early as possible openings for ski resorts even if just a bonk yard or rail garden is such goodwill to the locals and passholders…I was at big boulder back in august because family rented a house there and the big boulder trail albeit short is a nice run to lap about 11 times an hour. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup he was at camelback with us back in 2009 wow just wow back when we were young. 

I specifically remember meeting and riding the chair with Ride Delaware at that event 🤣 15 years is a long time.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1