1:11/24…pretty good…quiet

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was in the upper 30s with overcast sky’s and moderate winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, C1er, Bethlehem Ford crew, Rodney and Oz.

First civilian six pack to top to bottom Main Street which was firm but pretty smooth.   A couple skeet spots lower down but coverage is decent but according to a patrol, there’s a stream running under Main Street.  Skied Main Street again then took the quad to coming soon which was ok, grippy enough but not as smooth as Main Street.  

Lazy mile was pretty nice and only crazy mile one run with a lot of herbs but the majority of the runs only had a few people on them.  Paradise was ok as well and the skeet spots lower aren’t as bad as they were over the holidays.  I ended on Main Street, quick 8 runs and out at 1020.  It wasn’t boner doner but a very pleasant session.  I’ll be back Saturday AM looks like it should be spring conditions then and back to winter on Sunday

JADIP

F674E85D-45DF-4333-BD4C-57DCD0FBB379.jpeg

8ADC6E4F-F79B-4197-B3C4-05CD12E318D4.jpeg

• Like 7

I had a window on the swing shift, Kurt's crew was soaking up the sun but pretty empty.

Super super good hero snow, set it and forget it all the way top to bottom main, lazy was super good just effortless arcs and even coming soon was pretty smooth. 

The run out of pdis is brown town lumpy af again but a super super nice day to let them run. 

I didn't do Vista midway but I heard they filled in the death gap. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from a short later afternoon sesh at Blue The True.  Snow was getting a bit sugary but still had moisture content.  Just lapped lazy, upper main, and vista to miday to the park a bunch of times.  All in all JADIP.  Snowmaking conditions looking superb for next week!

20240111_144124.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Y'all are up and down as fuck

Yup just like @toast21602 hot and cold…and like a Katie Perry song…some days are good some days are bad.  Shit just today I’ve been happy and pissed off several times.  C’est la vie you take the good you take the bad you take them both and then you have the Facts of Life…no @theprogram4 this morning which is rare.  Yeah I fucks with the Beatles no big dealio…and loving some of the Tik Toks coming out of the Bronx…

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I too smoke weed.

You have a legit reason for a med MJ prescription..I do as well…I was telling my friend recently about one of the cruises we took after skiing Circa 2008 and your empty light was on and I gave you $10 for gas cause I don’t trust Subaru warning lights..even though Easton is mostly downhill from Blue.  Then you paid me back at the BMDI…you didn’t eat anything..waitress asked if you wanted anything and you said,”I’m straight”…I wonder if she thought you were a homosexual.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You have a legit reason for a med MJ prescription..I do as well…I was telling my friend recently about one of the cruises we took after skiing Circa 2008 and your empty light was on and I gave you $10 for gas cause I don’t trust Subaru warning lights..even though Easton is mostly downhill from Blue.  Then you paid me back at the BMDI…you didn’t eat anything..waitress asked if you wanted anything and you said,”I’m straight”…I wonder if she thought you were a homosexual.  

Dude I've come a looong way. 

Made 120k sitting on my couch the other day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I'm on Adderall now. 

Apparently your heart isn't supposed to pound all the time.

Is that for focus…I’ve only done that a few times and not for me..I’d be a lot thinner but nope.  I don’t even really consume that much caffeine..that’s why I have a 20 ounce Mountain Dew..hit the wrong button on vending machine and don’t want it..it’s for Johnny Law..might even pick him up a code red at sheetz on the way up.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Dude I've come a looong way. 

Made 120k sitting on my couch the other day

Revenue and income are two different things but congrats..whatever deposit you got has to be excellent for cash flow.  We are slow but usually are this time of year but all kinds of projects.  I’m so jaded…but lick my chops when I see people outside measuring our largest display piece.  That job is nice but gotta get more it never ends…

8 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Phones in your pocket...

I keep it in my car when I ski at Blue..so if my car is stolen I’m extra fucked.  Also shoes in car that would be a real pickle..there isn’t even a new balance store in the lower lodge..not a bad idea. 

2 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Managed to get there for an hour this afternoon. Hit everything at least once and they did fill in most of the holes nicely. Soft snow and skied right on to the lift each time. 

Did you have a chance to checkout the Jackson hole webcams?  I think I looked at them today more than i actually skied. I should prob check again before it’s dark. 

Just wrapped up a quick sesh to stretch the legs and test the body.  Did 4 runs.  Everything is still soft.  First two runs down main were nice and rippin but lower main had washboard rollers.  Coming soon was closed initially and then the rope drop and it was rutted up like crazy from BMR but as always the skiers right was nice and the ditch was gettable.  

No real crazy lift lines dispite the number of busses across the street.  Also turns out the new Blue strategy to handle them is to yell rudely at everyone to load chairs full.  I think that’ll work… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Skied today from 11-3, then nice parking lot session. Snow was nice, just a little sugary at the bottom. Main Street and TCS were runs of the day. So nice to lose the crowds that have been present since they opened. Hope every Ikon pass holder in a 300 mile radius has used all their passes at Blue. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Skied today from 11-3, then nice parking lot session. Snow was nice, just a little sugary at the bottom. Main Street and TCS were runs of the day. So nice to lose the crowds that have been present since they opened. Hope every Ikon pass holder in a 300 mile radius has used all their passes at Blue. 

Haha most have prob only been once or twice.